Can you see the arthropod molting?

ankletz

• New Members

Hi - I was working on a project to teach artificial intelligence to manage terrain in remote regions when I stumbled upon this. In the upper right corner is a fossil of an arthropod molting its exoskeleton. I am a former pre-press graphic designer with over 20 years experience that is proficient in Adobe products such as Photoshop and illustrator. I am not tricked by artifacts or pixelation and can easily manipulate photoshop to extract out features. Please let me know if you can see the arthropod-like creature too please! Thanks and I hope you have a great day!

FOSSIL 1.jpg

FOSSIL 1A.jpg

I'm also not seeing an arthropod, or the moulting thereof. 

Please give the approximate location of the find, and a clear image of the specimen itself without any mark-up. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

If these are Mars images, (which they appear to be) I would need to see much clearer, less blurry pictures than you are showing us here. 

I am quite unsure as to how you came to this conclusion, with the less than optimal pictures provided.   :headscratch:

Enlarged image:

602e08e92a9dd_FOSSIL1.jpg

With this, I am definitely NOT seeing what you are seeing. 

Your conclusions are pretty far fetched leaps, in my opinion.   :shakehead:

I can just as easily see an alien sculpture. 

You need to be extremely careful when shoddy images are all you have to go off of. Pareidolia is a powerful influencer.  

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 2
  • I Agree 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

If this an image from the surface of Mars, I will be very disappointed for many reasons.

This forum deals in science. If this is speculative Martian features, this is not the forum for such things. 

I am also absolutely confused how you could infer an arthropod, let alone moulting from these rocks. It just isn’t there. Just rocks. :headscratch:

• I Agree 3

On 2/18/2021 at 1:36 AM, ankletz said:

Please let me know if you can see the arthropod-like creature too please!

Sorry. I see only pebbles.

• I Agree 1

On 2/18/2021 at 10:00 AM, Fossildude19 said:

If these are Mars images, (which they appear to be) I would need to see much clearer, less blurry pictures than you are showing us here. 

I am quite unsure as to how you came to this conclusion, with the less than optimal pictures provided.   :headscratch:

Enlarged image:

With this, I am definitely NOT seeing what you are seeing. 

Your conclusions are pretty far fetched leaps, in my opinion.   :shakehead:

I can just as easily see an alien sculpture. 

You need to be extremely careful when shoddy images are all you have to go off of. Pareidolia is a powerful influencer.  

Looks like Ki-Adi-Mundi from Star Wars! Yes, I'm a nerd...

BUON9HOCMAEpWos.jpg.8a8b205c5255731505594c5bf856b0c6.jpg

• I Agree 2

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

I 100% see a beautiful array of rocks. However starting off your post with I have 20+ years of experience and anyone who disagrees with me is objectively wrong, is an odd way to ask if we also see it. If you are absolutely certain about this, AND you made this *honestly* very impressive diagram for it, then why would you come here to pressure members to agree with you.

Pareidolia is a real thing, very useful to us humans in facial recognition but also a flaw in how we over identify familiar shapes that are not actually there.

The verdict? Rocks sprinkled with Pareidolia :tiphat:

• I Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

https://youtu.be/vTDprYMtnR8

https://youtu.be/jxk_0ngyobA

I recognize pics may be blurry and I am working on that. In many instances, I show more than one of the same example of different blurry creatures.

If anyone thinks this is pareidolia - then please send me an email and tell me exactly what you see in the picture below then we can have a discussion about it. If I can blatantly see what is hidden here and you cannot then do not dismiss my claim. It is a fair challenge open to anyone. Thank you and I hope everyone stays safe during pandemic times.  

We don't recommend posting email addresses publicly; it has been removed.

Posting an assertion (that you see fossils on Mars) will not exempt your claim from being openly dismissed as pareidolia.  With your only evidence being blurry images that you think look like fossils, then your assertions define examples of pareidolia.  

To conclude these are fossils from Mars, they would need to be examined from all angles at higher resolution.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 5

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

The videos posted are more pareidolia. As John has stated, blurry pictures are not evidence of fossils on Mars. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Marking a blurry image with a photo editor is not scientific proof. It is subjective conjecture. :zen:

I don't have to send an e-mail to tell you that all I see is a blurry rock.  :shrug:

• I Agree 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

There is a wise adage: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Blurry (very blurry) photos with little depth of focus (so disconnected objects seem to be associated) is not any sort of evidence, much less extraordinary.  Also consider that for arthropods to exist many other life forms, constituting all the tropic levels below the arthropod, would have to exist as well.  Where are the plants it would feed on?  The other prey species, assuming it is a predator?  Why have they not been seen?  Personally I see nothing remotely resembling an arthropod, either molting, eating, or engaged in any arthropodish activity.  I have seen lots of Earth arthropods BTW as I am an entomology professor.

Don

• I Agree 5

" In the upper right corner is a fossil of an arthropod molting its exoskeleton"

Already, this is an abdication of how science works. We do not proceed by absolute claims. You should avail yourself of how actual science works through falsification, not absolute claims. Your statement already rules out any other explanation, which is a rationalist and not empiricist approach, the latter of which belongs to science. You've provided no convincing evidence beyond what you think you see (and that is very subjective, with no measurement or any other protocols native to science to establish a legitimate claim through hypotheses). 

We will be locking this topic as this forum is aligned with science, not subjective conjecture, imagination, or belief. 

• I Agree 3

• Kane locked this topic