4-3-21 Re due at the Pennsylvanian Roadcut in Oglesby, Illinois

Nimravis

9 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Another great trip and  post thanks for sharing, Have a nice Easter all.  Bobby 

Thanks Bobby and I hope you and Mrs. R had a great Easter.

Great report, love the brachiopods. Every time I read one of your reports from this site, it reminds me to put it on my visit list when I am up that way in the summer. If you leave anything, of course - haha. 

26 minutes ago, ClearLake said:

Great report, love the brachiopods. Every time I read one of your reports from this site, it reminds me to put it on my visit list when I am up that way in the summer. If you leave anything, of course - haha. 

There is always stuff there, just might have to break larger blocks apart, so bring a mini hand held sledge. The pieces break along plane lines and brachiopods just fall out. I really think the best time is after the Winter, when other blocks of the head wall fall down from the freezing and expanding of the wall. The pieces that I found there this year were not on the ground last Summer. As you can see from the picture below, more wants to come down, so watch it out there, be safe and good luck.

86198579-AF0D-4109-AB75-BA133F959569.thumb.jpeg.b66ee51c451267e7365c0b96f311719e.jpeg