Member of the Month - May 2021 - ThePhysicist

Kane

On 5/1/2021 at 7:08 AM, FossilNerd said:

Congrats @ThePhysicist! Wear your crown proudly.

:yay-smiley-1:

On 5/1/2021 at 7:13 AM, JohnJ said:

Congratulations, sir!  Your participation on TFF is always a treat.  :thumbsu:

On 5/1/2021 at 7:41 AM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Congrats.gif.2ec844cef4189e7d68ec14a10c830126.gif

On 5/1/2021 at 7:48 AM, digit said:

Congratulations!

:yay-smiley-1:

Cheers.

-Ken

On 5/1/2021 at 7:48 AM, Coco said:

Congrats sir !

Coco

On 5/1/2021 at 7:58 AM, bthemoose said:

Congratulations -- well deserved!

On 5/1/2021 at 8:04 AM, Ludwigia said:

Congratulations and thanks for your contributions!

On 5/1/2021 at 8:19 AM, Troodon said:

Congratulations and thank you for your super participation

On 5/1/2021 at 8:42 AM, rand95 said:

Congrats @ThePhysicist Thanks for all your contributions.

On 5/1/2021 at 9:01 AM, JamieLynn said:

yay!! I have learned so much from you! Congrats! 

On 5/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, Top Trilo said:

Congratulations, You really deserve this. 

On 5/1/2021 at 10:15 AM, sharkdoctor said:

Congrats and thanks for all of your contributions!!!

On 5/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, Ancient Bones said:

Congratulations to The Physicist !!

On 5/1/2021 at 11:30 AM, ClearLake said:

Way to go, congratulations!!!  A whole month just for you!!!

On 5/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, connorp said:

Congrats!!

On 5/1/2021 at 2:00 PM, FossilDAWG said:

:yay-smiley-1: :yay-smiley-1:  Congratulations! :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Don

On 5/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, Sagebrush Steve said:

Congratulations, well done!

On 5/1/2021 at 3:02 PM, Praefectus said:

Congratulations! :yay-smiley-1:

On 5/1/2021 at 3:09 PM, FossilsAnonymous said:

Congrats!!

On 5/1/2021 at 4:06 PM, Mike from North Queensland said:

Congratulations from down under

Mike

On 5/1/2021 at 6:10 PM, Pagurus said:

Congratulations-Well-Deserved.gif.85316bc10d13480b4c9a59e7eaff600c.gif

On 5/2/2021 at 2:07 PM, grandpa said:

Congratulations.  I enjoy and appreciate your contribution to the forum.

6 hours ago, fossilcrazee said:

Congrats! your numerous, helpful contributions certainly deserve the recognition!

57 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Congratulations!! This is really well-deserved :D Really love the fossils you find, and you document them so well!

-------------------------------------

Wow, was not expecting this! I appreciate all of the kind words, and I am immensely glad that people have found my commentary and input useful. It's a pleasure to be a part of this community, to learn among similarly curious, generous, and kind people. 

My journey to fossils began when I was born at an early age. Like most people, dinosaurs capture(d) my fascination and imagination. By the age of maybe three or so, I would tell people that I wanted to be a paleontologist, to which many would reply, "a what?!" Around that time, I reveled in learning to pronounce dinosaur names like Parasaurolophus! I was quite pleased that I could say these great big words.

So, dinosaurs were my introduction to science, an interest which germinated as I progressed through school. I read and learned about geology, biology, chemistry, math, and eventually physics, which seemed to be most suited to my passions for natural history and how the world works, and otherwise connected my other interests. I now study gravity and gravitational waves in particular, but paleontology remains a most-cherished pastime. 

Probably my first fossil was collected on the Pre-K schoolyard, a worn clam shell, that to me was clearly a serrated Tyrannosaurus rex tooth (still have it)! Throughout my life, I have picked up interesting stones, and fossils if I happened across them. My collection didn't really take off until a few years ago when I started investing time (and money) into it. I found the forum when looking for identifications on items found in the NSR, and joined a couple of years later. I look forward to many more years learning about how life on our world used to be!

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 10

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

1 hour ago, ThePhysicist said:

By the age of maybe three or so, I would tell people that I wanted to be a paleontologist, to which many would reply, "a what?!" Around that time, I reveled in learning to pronounce dinosaur names like Parasaurolophus! I was quite pleased that I could say these great big words.

You too! ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

Thanks for all you bring to the Forum.  :) 

Congratulations on a well deserved win.     :Smiling:   :beer:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Well deserved!!! ThePhysicist has (unknowingly) long been a source of knowledge for me on Texas fossils...

On 5/5/2021 at 8:30 AM, Fossildude19 said:

Thanks for all you bring to the Forum.  :) 

Congratulations on a well deserved win.     :Smiling:   :beer:

10 hours ago, facehugger said:

Well deserved!!! ThePhysicist has (unknowingly) long been a source of knowledge for me on Texas fossils...

Thank you both!

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

On 5/4/2021 at 8:17 PM, ThePhysicist said:

My journey to fossils began when I was born at an early age.

We have that in common :Smiling: Congratulations on MOTM!

Well deserved!! Your input to the Forum is greatly appreciated. 

Mike

11 hours ago, Scylla said:

We have that in common :Smiling: Congratulations on MOTM!

10 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Well deserved!! Your input to the Forum is greatly appreciated. 

Mike

Thank you! I appreciate your appreciation :).

On 5/8/2021 at 3:00 PM, old bones said:

Congratulations! :D

Thank you!

On 5/12/2021 at 2:37 PM, Misha said:

I'm a bit late to this but Congratulations!

No worries, thank you!

Congrats! Well earned! 

Interested in all things paleontology, geology, zoology, evolution, natural history and science!
Professional exotic pet keeper, huge fantasy geek, explorer of the microfossil realm, member of the BVP (Belgian Association for Paleontology), Volunteer prepper at Oertijdmuseum Boxtel.  

View my collection topic here:

The Growing Collection of Ziggycardon
My animal collection at the "Members pet" topic

Ziggycardon's exploration of the microfossil realm

Trips to Eben Emael (Maastrichtian of Belgium)

My latest fossil hunt

Next project will be a dedicated prepping space.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

5d68d9f3c550a_153657011360380104(21).jpg.bda3d3b7ae7b8321dd0620a0c61cc459.jpg5d68da1b497f5_153657011360380104(20).jpg.8610ffc65ccaa5d057e7b52b65989cd0.jpg5d68da353dd03_153657011360380104(24).jpg.ae73afaefa6ab34e7af5f6131aed96ff.jpgsolnhofen.jpg.76dd03ba7eb39946850662021b7d8dd4.jpg166802558255587143.jpg.c38d91e9e45f17addf29c40166b797a2.jpg5d68da49ad887_153657011360380104(25).jpg.dfff987039b3c99f41e44da51f71ae91.jpg

Congratulations!

The more I learn, the more I find that I know nothing. 

Regards, 

Asher 

On 5/4/2021 at 8:17 PM, ThePhysicist said:

Around that time, I reveled in learning to pronounce dinosaur names like Parasaurolophus! I was quite pleased that I could say these great big words.

I got a smile out of this as it reminds me of a cartoon my children like to watch about a group of anthropomorphic dinosaur children getting into mischief. 

One of them is a Parasaurolophus, and has trouble saying the word, the other dinosaur kids (who are of different species) are always correcting him. My 6 year old son even corrects the TV when he says it wrong. I’m a proud papa!  Lol :) 

• Enjoyed 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

On 5/16/2021 at 1:48 PM, ziggycardon said:

Congrats! Well earned! 

On 5/17/2021 at 1:58 PM, Mainefossils said:

Congratulations!

Thanks, y'all!

On 5/25/2021 at 2:05 PM, fossilsonwheels said:

Congrats. Well deserved 

Thank you!

• Fossildude19 featured this topic
  • Fossildude19 unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...