Utah sandstone ? kanab sandstone?And?

nala

In the old collection ,i also find this slab,and after few search i have found this ID:Utah sandstone (united states) kanab sandstone is it right?They sell pieces of the cliffs ?

There is also this very strange very fin slab,Dali last paint?What is it?? Thanks for the help ! :)

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

Edited by nala

#1 looks like what is commonly referred to as "Arizona" picture sandstone, which can also be found just across the border in Utah in Kanab, county seat of Kane county.  There it is known as "kanab wonderstone sandstone".  Doing an image search using either term will produce photos of similar material to #1.

• I found this Informative 1

The mineral in the last photo looks like muscovite with inclusions. Compare to pieces from New York City with hematite, rutile and magnetite.

http://www.johnbetts-fineminerals.com/jhbnyc/articles/327.htm

1C246087-741C-4B4C-910C-4B08F9CB0FDA.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

It is collected by tourists and serious rockhounds alike.  I enjoy collecting rocks & minerals along with fossils.  One theme of rocks I collect are rocks with "pictures" in them, so I have some picture sandstone in my rock collection along with Biggs Jasper, Bruneau jasper, Deschutes Jasper, etc. 

Thanks a lot grandpa And DPS Ammonite,thanks toyour ID Ihave found that on the Web ,i think it's certainly the good id /Thin Transparent Sheet of Muscovite Mica with oriented inclusions of Magnetite and Hematite Minas Gerais Brazil https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-thin-transparent-sheet-of-muscovite-mica-with-oriented-inclusions-18380158.html