JamieLynn

A Few Fossils Today, since I didn't post yesterday (Got my booster shot and it knocked me out!)

Crinoid Calyx Allegecrinus bassleri  Size 1/2 inch

1948424956_CrinoidCalyxAllegecrinusbassleri1Mw.thumb.jpg.888492b83d49331332782ec637aee91a.jpg

Rostroconch Apotocardium lanterna  size 3/4 inch

1516412973_RostroconchApotocardiumlanternaBranson1965(2).thumb.JPG.288574e2302e3867e476c518a7aad528.JPG

Echinoid Spine Archeocidaris sp. SIze 1/4 inch

1014776735_EchiePP(1).thumb.jpg.ca5ca757f9ace00261ec9c6ebea0dae4.jpg

• Enjoyed 12

My compliments on your ability to photograph the smaller specimens so well! It’s not always easily done, and all of your photographs are excellent. :) 

• Thank You 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

@FossilNerd Thank you so  much. It has taken a lot of trial and error to figure out how to take the best photos with what I have.  I am not a "photographer" with a fancy camera and the knowledge of how to use it! hhahha! I use a Cannon point and shoot for anything over 1/4 inch and then my microscope camera for anything smaller. The trick is the lighting. The Ring Lights they sell for video are just perfect for fossil pictures! 

• Enjoyed 1

7 hours ago, JamieLynn said:

The trick is the lighting. The Ring Lights they sell for video are just perfect for fossil pictures! 

Lighting seems to be my biggest issue as well. I have multiple lamps that I try to angle, but one inevitably cast a shadow that I don’t like. 

I never thought of using a light ring. I’ll have to look into that! Thanks for the tip. :) 

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

3 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

That one is a gem! 

:) Thank you!! Usually they are pretty cruddy...I was quite happy about finding this one! 

29 minutes ago, Denis Arcand said:

Love the color and the details in the Archeocidaris sp. Plate, nice one:thumbsu:

Thank you!! 

On 12/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, JamieLynn said:

Fossil o' the Day: 

My best crinoid so far 

Delocrinus vulgatis  Size 2 inches

1269641605_CrinoidDelocrinusvulgatusWilsons(2).thumb.JPG.ab72392af151da30805b2406212d6b29.JPG

Wow! Incredible find! 

@Opuntia - thank you so much! I was so excited that day!! 

It's Saturday so here's a few Fossils for y'alls amusement! 

Gastropod Glabrocingulum sp.  Size 1/2 Inch

481560124_GastropodGlabrocingulumsp.Bridgeport.thumb.JPG.aef28a1e739f6b77d6d1c394e6b2ee73.JPG

Crinoid Calyx  Size 1/2 inch

1723119125_CrinoidCalyxCBrady(1).thumb.JPG.35923df575841cde90c3934d92d636bc.JPG

Brachiopod Rhipidomella carbonaria  Size 1/4 inch

232572560_BrachiopodRhipidomellacarbonaria.thumb.JPG.94c0b97fc29beea8362781456ade0617.JPG

• Enjoyed 10

1 hour ago, JamieLynn said:

Gastropod Glabrocingulum sp.  Size 1/2 Inch

Thats a beauty! Love the little ridges along the whorls. :b_love1:

• Thank You 1

I never really thought gastropods were all that remarkable, but your images may be changing my mind.

• Enjoyed 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

3 hours ago, Top Trilo said:

I never really thought gastropods were all that remarkable, but your images may be changing my mind.

They are SO varied in the Pennsylvanian and in the Cretaceous too. After the ammonites and echinoids, they are my favorite fossils.

I'll go with a few more gastropods since that is what I am working on classifying right now anyways. Loading them all into Trilobase is fun but tedious.

Euphemites blaneyanus Size 1/4 inch 

763057673_GastropodEuphemitesblaneyanusLJ.thumb.jpg.9836646d5b8c04de219aea448138e351.jpg

1482561506_GastropodEuphemitesenodusaLJ(1).thumb.jpg.2a813ca10a5d3d8099b686b4e6aa5291.jpg

• Enjoyed 8

Yay! Another fossil of the day! Thanks for continuing to post these. I have enjoyed your thread. :) 

• Thank You 1