Member of the Month - March 2022 - historianmichael

FossilDAWG

Time Marches on; in the North the icy grip of winter is giving way to melting snow and bare patches of outcrop, revealing the fossil bounty uncovered by the tumult of freeze-thaw cycles, frost heaves, and running snowmelt.  In the South, warming weather entices the collector to venture to the field before the blast furnace of summer deflects our ardor.  And through it all, it seems, our honoree this month has been everywhere, from Cretaceous fossils at the C&D canal to Carboniferous plants in Pennsylvania, to Ordovician echinoderms in Virginia, and now on to the bounty of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.  Fortunately for us, wherever he goes he brings us along, with entertaining trip reports and intriguing photos of fine fossil finds.  More than that, he is a constant font of information about fossil identification, including a couple of very useful galleries.  As fossil fanatics we are all students of geological history, but this month we recognize a historian on a different level:

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1: :yay-smiley-1: historianmichael   :yay-smiley-1: :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Congratulations!  This is your month to wear the crown!

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 4

• Fossildude19 featured this topic

Congratulations, Michael!  :yay-smiley-1:

Thank you for your contributions to this Forum. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congratulations, this is very well deserved!

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Member of the Month - March 2022 - historianmichael

Congratulations!

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Thank you all!! I certainly do not deserve this honor. I first joined this site many years ago but it was only after rediscovering my love for fossil collecting a couple of years ago that I have become more active. I worry sometimes that I bore you all with my trip reports and the millions of photos that I share in them- I just posted one of them today. So long as I have the time I will keep making them though. It is fun to collect fossils, but I also find it equally enjoyable to try to make sense of what I have and to curate the semblance of a collection. Whatever little help I can provide in my efforts I am happy to do it. 

• Enjoyed 5

Follow me on Instagram (@fossil_mike) to check out my personal collection of fossils collected and acquired over more than 15 years of fossil hunting!

6 minutes ago, historianmichael said:

I worry sometimes that I bore you all with my trip reports and the millions of photos that I share in them

I certainly hope not since that's my shtick. :P

Cheers.

-Ken

• Enjoyed 2

Congratulations, Michael!  Your contributions here are very appreciated.  :beer:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congratulations Michael! I think this honor is well deserved. I definitely appreciate your contributions to the Forum and glad that we have spent a few trips collecting together. You are building a most awesome collection from your explorations and labors in the field. I look forward to sharing more adventures in the future. Best wishes.

Congratulations-Well-Deserved.gif.85316bc10d13480b4c9a59e7eaff600c.gif

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Hi,

Congrats !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congratulations! :)

The more I learn, the more I find that I know nothing. 

Regards, 

Asher 

:yay-smiley-1:                                                                                                                                    

:yay-smiley-1:CONGRATULATIONS:yay-smiley-1:

:yay-smiley-1: