Is it real? Struthiomimus center toe w/ claw & digits

connorghabra

Hello, I was about to purchase this Struthiomimus specimen for my mother but I happened to come across this forum so I decided to make an account and post to see if you guys would be willing to offer any insight about the authenticity of these Struthiomimus claw & toe bones. 

The seller said he got the parts for this specimen from his friend that he has collected with before. He has plenty of testimonies going years back. Apparently the parts were all found within 10 miles of each other in Wilbaux County, Montana. 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

A former resident of Newark, I'll tell you to please stay away from this mess.  Whoever put this together is completely clueless.  The claw is from the herbivore Thescelosaurus the bones are theropod probably from at least 2 different ones.  The phalanx bone next to the claw is mounted upside-down may be Struthiomimus the others come from different digits of another dinosaur.  One of the worst assemblages I've ever seen.  Good you checked thats being a good son..

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

49 minutes ago, jpc said:

As someone who has only been to the airport in Newark, I agree with troodon.  

Did I miss the reference to Newark?

I really appreciate your input. Thank you.

8 hours ago, jpc said:

As someone who has only been to the airport in Newark, I agree with troodon.  

Did I miss the reference to Newark?

@jpc The OP is from Delaware,  and Newark is a small college city in northern DE, a lot like Casper but smaller and probably fewer cows.:D