Hello from Manitoba Canada

plamb

Hi, just joined from Manitoba, Canada. Love fossil hunting but not really many places to do in manitoba. Mostly just fossil hunt when I travel. Would love to see what is available in fossil sales. 

Welcome from South Carolina!

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

1 hour ago, plamb said:

Hi, just joined from Manitoba, Canada. Love fossil hunting but not really many places to do in manitoba. Mostly just fossil hunt when I travel. Would love to see what is available in fossil sales. 

Welcome to the Forum. :)

The Member to Member Sales Forum is a delayed permission. It is a privilege given to those members in good standing, who contribute, and continue to contribute, a reasonable number of substantive posts on the Forum.  This gives our membership a chance to learn who you are, and get to know you, and vice versa. We had to institute these rules to protect our membership from spammers, scammers, retail ventures, and one off/drive by sales. 

Post your collection under Member Collections, ask ID questions, or join in to any number of discussions currently going on in the sub-forums.
You will get there, soon enough.

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome from Colorado, USA!

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Welcome from Georgia USA.  I used to live in Winnipeg back in 1975-76.  I don't know how much is still accessible, but I collected fairly regularly from the city quarry at Stoney Mountain and from the quarry dumps at Garson and Tyndall, near Selkirk.  These are Upper Ordovician sites with corals, nautiloids, brachiopods, trilobites, etc.  The Red River Formation, which is quarried for Tyndall Stone (a very ornamental building stone) at Garson and Tyndall, is famous for the giant cephalopods and corals.  When I went further afield I could collect Silurian and Devonian fossils from sites around Lake Manitoba, and Cretaceous fossils from places along the Manitoba Escarpment.  Admittedly there are not a ton of sites, and perhaps lass these days, but there were opportunities to collect, as long as you are interested in invertebrates.  Vertebrates are much scarcer of course, and legally complicated, although I did find a few shark teeth.

Don

@FossilDAWG
Love Tyndall stone! I grew up in Saskatoon, and pretty well every university and government building is made out of it. Was always a fascination for me when I was a kid looking for the fossils in the stone, especially the prominent receptaculitids and nautiloids.

Edited by Norki

Welcome to the forum! Would like to see your posts about fossil hunting! :dinothumb:

Welcome from Illinois.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!