Carcharodontosaur tooth restored?

Came across this supposedly original carcharodontosaur tooth. Claims it is original and I really have my doubts. Only have one picture though.

This is not a tooth I bought or anything. Just came across, nothing more

FB_IMG_1679795200391.jpg

Edited by JorisVV

It's probably a composite given all the different colors/shades and textures.  You should never consider a tooth if you only have one view,  Need to always see both sides, base and serrations

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Troodon said:

It's probably a composite given all the different colors/shades and textures.  You should never consider a tooth if you only have one view,  Need to always see both sides, base and serrations

Yeah I'm definitely not buying this thing hahaha. Root looks fake. And the other part looks composited. 

The owner say it is real, even though i argued against it. Not my loss though.

Bottom portion does look like a resto.   Hey the seller may just be clueless in identification of resto etc

9 hours ago, Troodon said:

Bottom portion does look like a resto.   Hey the seller may just be clueless in identification of resto etc

Yeah I think the owner is in denial. I think he bought it for a good amount and doesnt want to hear he got screwed. As I was trying to explain he got mad and blocked me.

We need more and beter photos to properly identify and verify a fossil. From this blurry dark photo it does not look like a very good example, with some fillers , resto enhancements done to it, my gues the root is fake, the other parts are real but in poor preservation. No serrations visible , much beter examples out there