Winner of the March 2023 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month

digit

Thank you! Definitely was incredibly happy to be able to cross this one off my bucket list - I would’ve been happy with just half the tooth, really - so finding the 2 chunks right nearby each other (and the third chunk from the other lower…) is just still so incredible to me!

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

Fossils? I dig it. :meg:

Congratulations @Meganeura!

• Thank You 1

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

@digit, either I am really confused this morning, or the title has the wrong month in it.  Maybe the fact that @Meganeura won two months in a row complicated things.  :heartylaugh:

Edited by Fin Lover
Added on
  • Enjoyed 3

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

• digit changed the title to Winner of the March 2023 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month

Months are insignificant if you are working on a geologic time scale. :P

Lazy cut-and-paste error missing the change to update the month. All better now. If Daniel keeps pulling interesting fossils out of the creeks/rivers in Florida I'm just going to have to write a script to automate the contest winners for the rest of the year. :default_rofl:

Cheers.

-Ken

• Enjoyed 3

3 minutes ago, digit said:

Months are insignificant if you are working on a geologic time scale. :P

Lazy cut-and-paste error missing the change to update the month. All better now. If Daniel keeps pulling interesting fossils out of the creeks/rivers in Florida I'm just going to have to write a script to automate the contest winners for the rest of the year. :default_rofl:

Cheers.

-Ken

Hehehehehehehehe. Nothing worthy yet this month… but it’s only just beginning! :ninja:

Nice loaf of bread, Daniel.  Congratulations!

• Thank You 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Wow, that thing is enormous!  Big enough to chew up other fossils and spit them out.  I can't even imaging what it would be like to find something like that! 

:yay-smiley-1: Congratulations!! :yay-smiley-1:

Don

• Thank You 1

1 minute ago, FossilDAWG said:

Wow, that thing is enormous!  Big enough to chew up other fossils and spit them out.  I can't even imaging what it would be like to find something like that! 

:yay-smiley-1: Congratulations!! :yay-smiley-1:

Don

I was screaming, actually! Thank you! :D

Congrats for this big tooth !

Coco

• Thank You 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

On 4/10/2023 at 2:20 PM, Meganeura said:

I was screaming, actually! Thank you! :D

I would have been screaming too! Congrats Daniel. What a find! :thumbsu:

• Thank You 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

• digit unfeatured this topic
  • 5 months later...