What is this fossil or what

Mohammed

Hello, my name is Mohammed, I live in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, I am an amateur and I like to search for strange things that excite me. I found these stones and a lot of fusion crust and there are always stones around them and I think they are meteorites and some of them I think are fossils, I go once a week to this place and I am surprised With more strange stones, note that there are traces of coal burning or cooking in the past. I hope that you will help me identify them. Thanks for the time you gave me

٢٠٢٣٠٣٢٩_٠٧٥٠٢٤.heic

٢٠٢٣٠٣١٨_٠٩١٦٢٣.jpg

٢٠٢٣٠٣١٥_٠٣٥٦٢٩.jpg

٢٠٢٣٠٣١٥_٠٠٢٥١٢.jpg

1769617833__.heic 641837108__.heic 1764123106__.heic 1640634434__.heic 1159978272__.heic 1968739018__.heic ٢٠٢٣٠٣٢٩_٠٧٥١٤٥.heic ٢٠٢٣٠٣٢٩_٠٧٥٠٢٤.heic ٢٠٢٣٠٣٢٩_٠٧٤٧٠٣.heic ٢٠٢٣٠٣٢٩_٠٧٤٦٢٦.heic ٢٠٢٣٠٣٢٩_٠٧٤٤٤٦.heic ٢٠٢٣٠٣٢٩_٠٧٤٣٥٣.heic ٢٠٢٣٠٣٢٣_٢١٥٨٤٨.heic 1641246246__.heic

Welcome to the forum. HEIC files are not supported on the forum so you will need to change those picture formats. Of the ones that are up right now, the video seems to show a concretion, the second a rock that is probably an iron mineral, the third looks like chert, and the fourth another iron mineral. No fossils in the currently shown photos.

• I found this Informative 1

Hi Mohammed and welcome to the forum!

The chances of finding meteorites are higher in the desert than in other environments.

If they are magnetic, you can be confident they are iron meteorites (or artificial). With stone meteorites its not that easy. 

One thing that can be confused with a meteorites fusion crust is desert varnish:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_varnish,

I personally love those weathered surfaces, but they do not have to be meteorites.

Best Regards,

J

Edited by Mahnmut
spelling
  • I found this Informative 1

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley