Is this dinosaur poop?

Buffy65

I am going to say no unless there are obvious inclusions. Tell us more about the location where this was found.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Found in the Brazos in Glen Rose I will try to get better picture, looks like at least one bone and possible animal tracks on it

Thanks. You might want to put this under the microscope to look for those inclusions, but let me tap our coprolite experts @Carl and @GeschWhat

• Thank You 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I guess the photos aren’t very good because there are inclusions you can see with the naked eye.  If I am understanding inclusions correctly.

Edited by Buffy65
Add

35 minutes ago, Buffy65 said:

I guess the photos aren’t very good because there are inclusions you can see with the naked eye.  If I am understanding inclusions correctly.

Inclusion would be pieces of bone in the case of a carnivore, fish scales for a fish eater, seeds for a plant eater and so on.

Thanks, that is what we thought.  Either the pictures aren’t good or we are seeing what we want to see.  I will try to find an experienced person to take a hands on look at it.  Thank you again for your help!

I feel like I should also mention it was found where small fossils were abundant and a small piece of petrified wood.  Confirmed by the local museum curator when we brought them in to him.  A few weren’t fossils, but most of our finds were.

Thank you for your responses!  So I am gathering that a coprilite won’t have the chert or agate?  Or will it in some cases, just not this one?

I've seen a lot of chert pieces that look like this in the southern brazos - this color, this look.

Chert is very common and, I believe, has probably weathered out of the cretaceous marine carbonates. 

I don't see the bone or animal tracks.