Looking for some documents on ammonite species in the charmouth mudstone formation

FossilLerp2

Hey everyone,

I've been searching for a document or book or anything else that gives an expansive list of ammonite species which can be found in the charmouth mudstone formation or just charmouth and seatown in general. I can't seem to find anything, which seems so weird to me because it is such a well visited location. So if you know or have such a list at hand, please send it to me. Also if someone can provide me with a graph with the biozones and succession at charmouth and the ammonite species like the one I attached (it is for the boulonnais in France), that would be extremely helpful. 

Screenshot (530).png

Edited by FossilLerp2

2 hours ago, TqB said:

This book has most of the ammonites you're likely to find there, along with zonal charts and a comprehensive bibliography that includes papers with much more stratigraphical detail.

https://www.palass.org/publications/field-guides-fossils/13/no-13-fossils-lower-lias-dorset-coast

That looks like what I've been looking for, thank you very much. I guess I'll buy it when I'm there because the heritage coast centre seems to have it in stock

• Enjoyed 1