Ankylosaurs osteoderm?

Rikache

Howdy, I hope everyone’s having a great week!

I was wondering if I could get yalls quick opinion about this specimen I came across.

Seller claims ankylosaurus scute or triceratops frill fragment from Valley County, MT North of Hinsdale.

I haven’t contributed to my collection very much recently and I think an ankylosaurus scute would make a great addition. However, the grooves of the specimen remind me of the vessel grooves I usually see on ceratopsian frill fossils. I know this one may be a bit difficult to identify but I’d love to hear your guy’s thoughts.

Thank you all!

71B40930-2B5A-427C-800C-4D05C6C93063.jpeg

7657CDD3-FC9E-4F2A-9A2E-5BF2D3C25381.jpeg

ED94007F-3247-4EB6-8A99-538AD9A96BCE.jpeg

5D71D39C-7547-45A0-8535-7E53ED8AD18F.jpeg

North of Hillsdale in Valley County, I believe the deposits are Campanian in age from the Judith River Formation, so Ankylosaurus or Triceratops are not possible.  Some osteoderms have blood vessels and it's thin enough to be one.   However there is nothing distinctive enough that points to a specific family.  It's an indeterminate fragment, lots of could be.....

• I found this Informative 3

The seller does state Judith River Formation in their description.  Osteoderm or ceratopsian frill are probably most likely (I'd lean toward osteoderm because of texture and the small holes) but like Troodon said, it's too fragmentary to say for sure.