Help with these please, from Venice

I.C. Fossils

Hi, we found the longer one (on left) in February and the other two a few weeks ago in Venice. I haven’t found these before and cant find comparables. We dont go to the west coast often so hoping someone might be able to clarify what these are. Im thinking the small square-ish one (on right) may be a small part of a tooth but definitely not sure.  The scale bar is 1cmx1cm. Thanks 

IMG_1579.jpeg

IMG_1580.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

IMG_1592.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1584.jpeg

IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1583.jpeg

• Enjoyed 2

The item in the middle appears to be a dermal denticle from a stingray or shark, I don't have many and don't know much about them, so hopefully someone else can confirm. The item to the right however is half of a pufferfish mouth plate.

Here's some pictures as examples.

image.png.ef1c1d7dca71e6c269da683ff2ad4b38.png

image.png.dcdcbd61bab908b0adbb867688c954c5.png

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 4

Thanks SawTooth and digit for the fast replies! Cool, I guess we have a dermal denticle and a horse tooth in the collection now.. and it didnt even cross my mind that the other one was another mouth plate since it had such a nice surf polish and some minerals to it, man wish it was complete. Thanks again!

24 minutes ago, I.C. Fossils said:

Thanks SawTooth and digit for the fast replies! Cool, I guess we have a dermal denticle and a horse tooth in the collection now.. and it didnt even cross my mind that the other one was another mouth plate since it had such a nice surf polish and some minerals to it, man wish it was complete. Thanks again!

Don't worry, your sure to find another mouthplate if you look regularly, when I go to the beach I normally get at least 1 per trip.

• I found this Informative 1