Shark Teeth SE Asia - Where to hunt?

Indy425

Heading over to SE Asia in December for some diving. I wanted to see where I could possibly go personally and try and find some teeth.

I've read about Sarawak, Bruit Island in Malaysian Borneo. I've read about West Java and the cities that produce amazing fossils.

I need more information on exactly where? What other areas may produce teeth?

Where could I go myself? Are there any guide? Does anyone have any friends that would take me? Anywhere that's easy to access? 

Again, I know about the sites in West Java but those seem a little harder to access. Any instagram pages of people that find fossils over there, I'll message them myself lol.

I am really just trying to find someone that lives over there to talk to. I've messaged the account that posted about Bruit Island, but that was years ago and doubt they're still active on this forum. 

I wouldn't even mind a few small teeth on a beach somewhere, just to say I found some over there would be awesome.

Any information anyone could offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Indy

• 5 months later...

@Indy425

I’m sad no one responded! I hope your trip went well! I have no immediate plans to visit, but I recently became fascinated with the teeth of West Java. It’s got my gears turning. Were you able to find any people/guides/places in the area? Please PM me if have any info, and are willing to share.