Found in rock shop rock pile..

Randyw

Hi all! 
I stopped out at a local rock shop. While they are mainly mineral and gemstone oriented they do carry a handfull of fossils. I was looking for some gem jars.. while walking through their raw rock area, I noticed this sitting on the shelf with just a little bit of it showing. As I’m a prepping addict and it was only a couple dollars I picked it up. They had no information on it except it’s a rock with fossil bits in it LOL!. After getting it home I did a little probing prep and this is appearing. It seems familiar but I can’t put my finger on the name of it. The fossil is 33mm at its widest. Here it is wet and dry.. 

thanks for looking!

IMG_0380.jpeg

IMG_0381.jpeg

IMG_0382.jpeg

IMG_0383.jpeg

• Enjoyed 4

@Tidgy's Dad DING DING DING! I think we have a winner! That looks like a very high possibility! I even found a suture pattern picture online that seems to match!

thank you! That’s a new sample for my collection! I didn’t have one before!

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0382.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg

Edited by Randyw
  • Enjoyed 6

A pile of rocks, wherever the location, draws me like a fly to… well, you get the idea :thumbsu:

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

4 hours ago, Randyw said:

Hi all! 
I stopped out at a local rock shop. While they are mainly mineral and gemstone oriented they do carry a handfull of fossils. I was looking for some gem jars.. while walking through their raw rock area, I noticed this sitting on the shelf with just a little bit of it showing. As I’m a prepping addict and it was only a couple dollars I picked it up. They had no information on it except it’s a rock with fossil bits in it LOL!. After getting it home I did a little probing prep and this is appearing. It seems familiar but I can’t put my finger on the name of it. The fossil is 33mm at its widest. Here it is wet and dry.. 

thanks for looking!

IMG_0380.jpeg

IMG_0381.jpeg

IMG_0382.jpeg

IMG_0383.jpeg

Nice snag

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

14 hours ago, hemipristis said:

A pile of rocks, wherever the location, draws me like a fly to… well, you get the idea :thumbsu:

...honey. For sure!

• I Agree 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!