Hoploscaphites nodosus. 72.94 +- 0.45 million years old. Cretaceous period, Campanian age.

Samuel M

Linked is a 3D model of a nearly perfect Hoploscaphites nodosus ammonite. 

Models can be viewed using this website: Online 3D Viewer or through other software. 

This is a 3D model of an actual fossil and is not a "recreation", but since my last upload was moved here this is where I will upload the rest of my 3D scans.

If anyone else has any good ammonite or inoceramus finds from Colorado please share them with me and tell me a little about them. I've been reading some of Bill Cobban's papers about the invertebrate paleontology of Colorado  and I've gotten really interested in what can be found around here. Thanks! 

-Sam

1195980117_Hoploscaphitesnodosus-Kprl(1)-1.glb

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture3.JPG Capture4.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• Thank You 1

Hi,

To see your file, we must save it ! Same in another of your posts. Is there no way to do otherwise ? Other file format ?

Coco

• I Agree 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

2 hours ago, RJB said:

I'm no computer expert in any since of the word, but how come you dont just post a picture of it?

Because it's a 3D model,  it's more like a video:D But a preview picture would also be good

• I found this Informative 1

Models can be viewed using this website: Online 3D Viewer or through other software. 

People:

It's a 3-D file. Download it, or don't!

It is for use with a 3-D printer or for viewing in 3-D.

Most Windows PC's now come with 3-D viewing software.

Mine is called 3-D Viewer. Built in to Windows 10.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

11 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

To see your file, we must save it ! Same in another of your posts. Is there no way to do otherwise ? Other file format ?

Coco

Sorry I am trying to upload them to another site which I can then link here but I don't know a good site yet.

7 hours ago, RJB said:

I'm no computer expert in any since of the word, but how come you dont just post a picture of it?

RB

I just think it's really cool to be able to view the 3D model and look at the fossil from any angle. It is a little more annoying to view especially if you have to download the files. It's really fun to look around and see the fossils in three dimensions. Here is my "virtual fossil display", the file is definitely too large to share but here is a snapshot.

model (1).png

• Enjoyed 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:56 PM, Samuel M said:

Linked is a 3D model of a nearly perfect Hoploscaphites nodosus ammonite. 

Models can be viewed using this website: Online 3D Viewer or through other software. 

This is a 3D model of an actual fossil and is not a "recreation", but since my last upload was moved here this is where I will upload the rest of my 3D scans.

If anyone else has any good ammonite or inoceramus finds from Colorado please share them with me and tell me a little about them. I've been reading some of Bill Cobban's papers about the invertebrate paleontology of Colorado  and I've gotten really interested in what can be found around here. Thanks! 

-Sam

1195980117_Hoploscaphitesnodosus-Kprl(1)-1.glb 41.55 MB · 15 downloads

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture3.JPG Capture4.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Very nice specimen. Congrats. Looks like all of the nodes are intact. Where in Colorado was that found? Thanks for sharing.

On 10/29/2023 at 9:28 AM, Jeffrey P said:

Very nice specimen. Congrats. Looks like all of the nodes are intact. Where in Colorado was that found? Thanks for sharing.

It was found just South of Fort Collins, probably closer to Loveland. It is the only complete ammonite I've found near Fort Collins they are usually completely crushed