Last batch of specimens from Papa…

Regal

Hi Guys!

I finally cleaned up the last batch of rocks from my papa and grandma‘s estate. I know from my last post that I’m not supposed to get some of them wet but they were filthy so I had to clean them before bringing them into the house. Any feedback you have is appreciated.  

if you saw one of my previous posts, you’ll know that my grandparents collected rocks in Arizona, Wisconsin and Illinois. Most of these are probably from Arizona. I think the one piece of orangish petrified wood #3 is very cool. I would love to know if any of the other ones are petrified wood. To me it’s sort of looked like a pork tenderloin when I was cleaning it today! Maybe that’s just because I didn’t stop for lunch. Ha ha. 

It was so fun to spend time looking at each and every one. I have a critter living in one of them.  Some sort of insect. I did my best trying to encourage him to get the heck out today using water and air but I might have to pull out the tweezers tomorrow!

Thanks for looking and  have a great week…

IMG_5149.jpeg

IMG_5152.jpeg

IMG_5151.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg

IMG_5185.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

IMG_5183.jpeg

IMG_5182.jpeg

IMG_5179.jpeg

IMG_5180.jpeg

IMG_5181.jpeg

IMG_5176.jpeg

IMG_5174.jpeg

IMG_5178.jpeg

IMG_5173.jpeg

IMG_5171.jpeg

IMG_5172.jpeg

IMG_5167.jpeg

IMG_5164.jpeg

IMG_5170.jpeg

IMG_5160.jpeg

IMG_5161.jpeg

IMG_5162.jpeg

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5169.jpeg

IMG_5157.jpeg

IMG_5156.jpeg

IMG_5155.jpeg

IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_5153.jpeg

IMG_5159.jpeg

Edited by Regal

Thank you.  The individual photos are just close-ups of some of the more interesting ones that are already numbered.  Sorry for the volume. While I do not have time to number or the individual photos now, perhaps I can come back and do it soon.

21 minutes ago, Regal said:

While I do not have time to number or the individual photos now, perhaps I can come back and do it soon.

Ah ? Perhaps you will come back to numerote your pics ? And it is more useful to number individual photos !

If you want answers, it’s up to you to make a minimum effort to encourage identifications. Measurements and a little more precise sources are a minimum to provide.

I am very surprised that more and more newcomers arrive here as if they were in a self-service :zzzzscratchchin:

Coco

Edited by Coco
  • I Agree 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

37 minutes ago, Coco said:

Ah ? Perhaps you will come back to numerote your pics ? And it is more useful to number individual photos !

If you want answers, it’s up to you to make a minimum effort to encourage identifications. Measurements and a little more precise sources are a minimum to provide.

I am very surprised that more and more newcomers arrive here as if they were in a self-service :zzzzscratchchin:

Coco

Duly noted. I just thought if anyone found one of them interesting, they might want to comment about it. I didn’t intend for anyone to feel the need to identify all of them or anything. I’m just sharing because I’m excited about them in and definitely new to collecting. I should’ve added that I have to work today, so I do not have time to number the photos right now or provide dimensions.  Perhaps I’m in the wrong place and I apologize if so. This is a personal hobby for me and not a business. I did read the forum rules, and I understand that people are looking at these posts in more of a scientific nature and maybe my skill level or lack there of is not welcome. I do understand if so.  Please let me know if you think I should remove my post. I’m happy to do so. I certainly didn’t mean to bother anyone.

Edited by Regal

We are here to help all other members identify their findings (new or old members), to share and learn. Your subject has its place here, but like many people now arriving, you put a lot of photos, no number, no origin and we have to manage with all that.

How do we give an answer in this case, either we quote your entire post and we spend time deleting in the answer all your photos that are not concerned by what we have to say, or we tell you that the 5th is this is the 12th is this, But every time we have to count your photos.

This is the reason why we ask for a numbering on the individual photos, because we also work, for us also we do not necessarily have much time, it is already good that we take time to help, but it is up to the applicant to facilitate the task of those who will spend time on your questions.

I am French, the expression in English requires time and I may not always express myself very clearly. My answer was just to make all this clear.

I’m sure you’ll have help, but first you have to make it easier for them to work, it’s just common sense.

I am not angry, I am not criticizing your request, I am just trying to explain how to make the members (who will feel respected in their help) want to help you, and your request for help is legitimate. I’m sorry if I was too brutal.

Coco

Edited by Coco
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thank you Coco.  I appreciate your feedback and will leave the post up.  Hopefully I can work on this soon.  I will just enjoy reading other people’s content until I have a more specific inquiry in the future.

3 hours ago, Regal said:

While I do not have time to number or the individual photos now, perhaps I can come back and do it soon.

That's fine with me cos I don't have the time to go through all of these without numbers on the individual photos.

• I Agree 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thank you.  I will most likely not be posting - just reading in the future.  I should not have treated this as a way to informally show people my collection.  I used to run up and show my Mom the pretty rocks I would find on the shores of Lake Michigan as a kid.  This isn’t the same thing and I should not have treated it that way!  I joined when I found a cool piece of coral fossil in my planting and some nice folks confirmed what it was.  I will appreciate reading everyone else’s post from now on.  Very interesting forum with lots of great information.

3 hours ago, Regal said:

I will most likely not be posting - just reading in the future.  I should not have treated this as a way to informally show people my collection.

Sorry too hear that. We enjoy seeing peoples collections. .Just let us know what we are looking at.

Just when you want identification it is better to post less pieces.

• Thank You 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.