JonUte

A fossilized rock??? A rock turned into organic matter? That's the opposite of how it works.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

I'll agree with "fossilized rock" as this appears to be another piece of phosphatic matrix. Not seeing any bone texture or morphology to consider this representing anything biological.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I Agree 2

Folks, sometimes you gotta take this with a sense of humor.  My wife swore it’s something organic.  I said it’s a POR (plain old rock.). But I threw it out there for expert opinions.  ‘Sorry for wasting your time.

• Enjoyed 3

@JonUte Thank you for taking some teasing with grace.  

2 hours ago, JonUte said:

My wife swore it’s something organic.  I said it’s a POR (plain old rock.).

I think you won this round vs. your wife.  

That said, I can see the divots in the texture that probably drew her eye, and I can see why this one caught her interest.

Thanks for sharing her finds with the forum.  Most of us have been guilty of sharing a few POR's as we train our eyes and learn to identify the good stuff. In fact, it's one of the main ways that I learned here!

• I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, Brandy Cole said:

@JonUte Thank you for taking some teasing with grace.  

I think you won this round vs. your wife.  

That said, I can see the divots in the texture that probably drew her eye, and I can see why this one caught her interest.

Thanks for sharing her finds with the forum.  Most of us have been guilty of sharing a few POR's as we train our eyes and learn to identify the good stuff. In fact, it's one of the main ways that I learned here!

But wait, there’s more!

• Enjoyed 1