Spinosaurus Tooth

KisekiFossils

Hi, I bought this Spinosaurus fossil tooth. Do you guys think this fossil is legitimate and also do you have any other opinions on it ? Thank u 🙏IMG_1404.thumb.jpeg.056eeb8efb3a2f8b2ce97ab9949eaab3.jpegIMG_1405.thumb.jpeg.516648fbfbc0dad5203870e7cf766289.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.9c1f18e42c5fa72879ad041bcc950797.jpgIMG_1403.thumb.jpeg.35d448046239a88dd6107457377bddce.jpeg

25 minutes ago, KisekiFossils said:

IF there really are repairs. Is this normal? Like is it serious ?

Repairs like crack repairs and gap fill are pretty common on these teeth. Teeth with perfect preservation are more rare and thus more expensive. This is not a bad tooth, so if you are happy with it and with the price you paid, then I do not think you need to worry about it.

Besides the cracks, I see a pretty significant area of fill on the last picture. If you are really bothered by it, there is always the option to try to remove it. But be aware that this will probably expose an area where the enamel is missing.

Yes, real... they are very common teeth, so usually not faked too often unless they are larger in size or rooted.

• I Agree 1

nice one. They are often a bit repaired by the diggers in the field. To find a perfect one is not common. Most have losses or are broken.

This seems to have some minor repairs as mentioned, but it is absolutely a collectable one!

• I Agree 1