What shark jaw is it?

Paleo___1111___Rugut

I bought a shark jaw and just want to know what shark jaw it is. 
it would help if I can get an answer

IMG_5771.jpeg.6b0f58d6b745ff40c3fc2358e44069b5.jpeg

Not a fossil, but a modern jaw. You can perform a search on the forum or on another site that specializes in modern shark jaw identification. 

• I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Moved to GENERAL DISCUSSION.

This is where all recent shark jaw identifications are put.

You will need to take some better pictures of some individual teeth (preferably on a different flat  single colored background)  for proper ID.

See this topic:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

9 minutes ago, Paleo___1111___Rugut said:

But do any of you know what it is

You have been given good advice and it is up to you to act on it. You have to put in the work.

I have removed your duplicate request of the same item. You have already been instructed not to post duplicate topics for the same item, so it is important that you acknowledge your understanding of this.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Listen I’m new to this , instead of telling me things not to do you guys can show me how to not do it

i have researched and it says tiger shark

36 minutes ago, Paleo___1111___Rugut said:

But do any of you know what it is

Carcharhinus falciformes based on tooth count and tooth shape.

• I Agree 2

Hi, I agree with @Al Dente.

This is a Silky shark jaw, Carcharhinus falciformis :) 

• I Agree 1

My collection of Uncommon extant shark teeth - Here

My collection of interesting rare shark jaws - Here

Always interesting to see jaws from modern sharks. When I started collecting fossils many many years ago and found some tooth I thought sharks do only have one type... Due to comparing my finds with teeth figured in some books and papers. When I was around 17 or 18 I have seen some jaws from different sharks on a show and "studied" them. And learned, most of them have very different forms. Always when I see modern jaws like the one posted here I remember and think, it should be good for all sharktooth-collectors to have some modern ones. 

So, thanks for posting the jaw. Might be not the right forum here (bit too young :-)), but otherwise a bridge from the past to the modern

Edited by rocket

no problem :) I like collecting fossils as well and modern animal parts

18 hours ago, rocket said:

Always interesting to see jaws from modern sharks. When I started collection fossils many many years ago and found some tooth I thought sharks do only have one type... Due to comparing my finds with teeth figured in some books and papers. When I was around 17 or 18 I have seen some jaws from different sharks on a show and "studied" them. And learned, most of them have very different forms. Always when I see modern jaws like the one posted here I remember and think, it should be good for all sharktooth-collectors to have some modern ones. 

So, thanks for posting the jaw. Might be not the right forum here (bit too young :-)), but otherwise a bridge from the past to the modern

For the diversity of teeth in the current jaws, look at my signature (heterodontic)

I think @MarcoSr also made a post about the current jaws.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

2 hours ago, Coco said:

For the diversity of teeth in the current jaws, look at my signature (heterodontic)

I think @MarcoSr also made a post about the current jaws.

Coco

I have my TFF posts with extant shark jaws listed at the below TFF link:

Marco Sr.

• I found this Informative 2

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png