Tyrannosaur tooth?

TheropodGuy

Hello,I am new to this forum.

I recently acquired this tooth not that long ago,I was hoping it would be a Tyrannosaurid.Then I started to have some doubts looking at other papers.I understand you can’t identify Tyrannosaur Campanian teeth further down to Gorgosaurus, Daspletosaurus, and etc. at this size.

I just hope to find out if it is a Tyrannosaurid or some other group of theropods like Dromeosaurs.

My original idea is that it was too large to be a Dromeosaur from this formation. So I went with the Tyrannosaur ID but I have doubts.

Info: Tyrannosaur tooth? with a partial Hadrosaur tooth

“1.05” inches long.

There seems to be no Mesial serrations or they are worn down.

Thanks for the help. I’ll of course add more photos if needed!😊

IMG_2374.thumb.jpeg.1944cd02de9cdc2a359f1f092f3bbc7f.jpegIMG_2375.thumb.jpeg.a2eeaafc0904d3da98586221322e0667.jpegIMG_2384.thumb.jpeg.1c415f13be6dd1708ed3e1c860810262.jpegIMG_2371.thumb.jpeg.086d61423722bceff77fad0a71a3c31c.jpeg

• Enjoyed 6

Very nice piece ! Two rare and beautiful teeth so close to each other ... thats not a daily find . Thats a Tyrannosaur tooth. I dont now to which exact spezies it belongs to , its not a Dromeosaur tooth because Dromeosaur has a more curved tooth shape , a different root shape and also a different side serration than T-Rex . The hadrosaur tooth ist also nice because it still has a big piece of its root (which is very rare to find !) attached to It . The Tyrannosaurid tooth also kinda looks like these Tyrannasaurid teeth :

Screenshot_2024-01-09-21-18-45-361_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-09-21-21-57-752_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

Are good signatures really that important ?

Thanks so much with the ID.Im glad forums like these exist and can’t wait to find out more!

I'll Label this tooth as Tyrannosaur unless proven otherwise.👍

• I Agree 1

Looks like tyrannosaur to me as well. Nice added bonus with the hadrosaur tooth.

• I Agree 1