Peace River Fossil Hunt

RCFossils

I am going to be in Florida for the next few weeks. I was wondering if any Forum members might want to meet up to do some collecting.

I have collected the Peace a few times but do not have that much experience with river collecting.

Feel free to reach out to me if interested.

I should have access to a few kayaks.

Morning, 

Keep your eye on this gauge. Water is too high above 6’. The 6’ mark is gonna be in deep water all day territory but between 5.5 and 5’ is the sweet spot for waist deep action.

It’s enjoyable, comfortable hunting when it hits 5.5’ or lower.  Message me when you hear and the gauge is cooperating and I’ll figure out moving some horses around to free up a day.
Depending on what you most interested in there are a few fun spots we could hit. Honestly, the river moved so much around in the last (record) flood you could spend a season just surface hunting and finding a mix of everything. 

Let me know. Kayak is great. I’ve got an extra trolling motor but most likely I’ll just pull you upstream. Water temps are in low 60’s so you need at least a 3mm wet suit or  similar.  Amazon can get you one for under $50. 

Have a great week. Let it begin. 

Jp

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/monitoring-location/02295637/#parameterCode=00065&period=P7D&showMedian=false

5EE4B507-3BA2-4C5E-9165-88E1620274F6.jpeg

Edited by Balance
  • I found this Informative 5