I found this rock finger it even has the rock finger print so clear you can scan it

DPING3312

Sorry but it's not a finger,  I'm thinking it may be banded chert but wait for expert opinion. :) It's a darm good pseudo fingerprint though!

• I Agree 2

Hi,

I agree with @Lone Hunter, it’s not a finger even though nature has imitated it well.

• Humans have appeared too recently on Earth to be truly fossilized.

• Fingerprints are not as regular as what we see here, I think more of a fossil print (shell for example) and experts will intervene.

• Imagine what you would see if you found an animal that had been dead for two weeks: all its soft parts would be rotting. The phenomenon of fossilization requires an extremely long time and does not allow to preserve the soft parts of an earth body.

Coco

Edited by Coco
  • I found this Informative 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Well I would definitely agree until today and some how I assure u this is the soft tissue fossilized I know it's absolutely amazing ......

1706689955695894267786507315547.jpg

1706690011056676539891186522390.jpg

You have already gotten some opinions on your claim. I also agree that this is not a fossilized human finger, fingerprint or soft tissue, but might just at least be a bivalve steinkern or imprint. Somehow assuring us that this is soft tissue is not a very convincing scientific approach to identification. But if you don't want to believe these opinions, then that's your choice.

• I Agree 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I completely understand and if I was anyone hearing this I'd be saying the same thing ......I have an associates in general science myself and am a absolute rock lover and am very versed on time-lines of human evolution and with anything other than an extrem fluctuation in atmospheric and climate this wouldn't be possible  but hear I stand holding what I have truly zero doubt is a humanish bone and even the bone marrow is fossilized its truly amazing thanks for your input I truly appreciate it ..

Take it to a police station and ask them to analyze it, take it to a museum, I promise you it's not a finger. There is no bone morphology, why would flesh fossilize and not the bone?  I know it looks convincing but it is impossible,  but if you choose to ignore sciemce and follow your imagination so be it.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

If you’re so sure what it is, why do you come to us for our opinion and then refute it ?

We are a scientific forum. A very large part of the members here are paleontology professionals or very enlightened amateurs with 20, 30, 40, even 50 years of experience !

It is up to you to believe what you want, but in this case do not expect to be given the answer you expect if it is incompatible with the science of geology or paleontology.

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lone Hunter said:

Take it to a police station and ask them to analyze it

Yes, this is what should be done with such a well preserved finger. Some crime seems to be involved:look:.

Franz Bernhard

• Enjoyed 3

Maybe so but I'm sure you guys will be hearing about this soon enough ...didn't mean to upset u I'm just telling you what it is and I can't help that it changes what you might have thought was (set in stone) lol but I'm just as astonished as you but don't take anything away from it it's absolutely a miracle that the world could preserve something for sp long but it has

Ask Kay Scarpetta to help you... And of course we are waiting for the result of your investigation !

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

5 minutes ago, DPING3312 said:

I'm sure you guys will be hearing about this soon enough

Just now, Coco said:

And of course we are waiting for the result of your investigation

Yeah, in a peer-reviewed, paleontological journal.

Franz Bernhard

36 minutes ago, DPING3312 said:

Maybe so but I'm sure you guys will be hearing about this soon enough ...didn't mean to upset u I'm just telling you what it is and I can't help that it changes what you might have thought was (set in stone) lol but I'm just as astonished as you but don't take anything away from it it's absolutely a miracle that the world could preserve something for sp long but it has

There is no such thing as miracles in science. 

Real science cultivates its doubts and resists making absolute, certain statements. The OP would do well to place this under extreme scrutiny, and avoid the temptation to impose a wish for something to be true. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

It could very well be modern, as in some form of impressionable material (such as clay) where a finger was pushed in during moulding to make what appears as an indent in the substance. 

I've removed your tag asking for value as that is not permitted here, as stated in the Forum rules.

• I Agree 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

There are a great number of bivalve and brachiopod shells that have this pattern of growth. It's based on simple principals of physics. 

• Fossildude19 locked this topic

Pareidolia.

Just because an item LOOKS like something, it doesn't mean that it IS that something.

As stated, many things in nature produce this type of pattern.
It is not a finger, or, in my opinion, any kind of fossil. I'm in agreement with banded chert.

Topic will be locked, as further discussion is pointless.  :shrug:

OP can take his item to a local Natural History Museum or University with a paleontologist or geologist, and tell them what he has found.

I personally will not be waiting on the disappointing non-reveal that is coming. Or Not. Usually not.

By the way, we are not astonished by this. We've all seen weird rocks.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 5

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me