aquaticrooster

I found this heavy triangular piece of what appears to be a bryozoa colony ,but at different angles and lighting I find it to show several other possibilities. 

This was retrieved from a receding river bed amongst many more corals and lingulla plates I also gathered. 

If anyone has an input or correction to my guess ,I greatly appreciate it.

20240216_141145.jpg

20240216_141158.jpg

20240216_141124.jpg

:headscratch:It seems a bit chaotic for a bryozoan colony to me. I think it's fragments of something, but I can't say what. 

I agree, it's quite confusing.  I'm considering cracking it open . Carefully of course. 

I agree with the others. If there are bryozoan features showing organized pores from either a massive or laminate structure we will need a closer look to see them. What I can see reminds me more of material identified as algae.

Well upon more research I find the Michigan collapora seems to be what I've grabbed. I'm currently fracturing layers of it so that I may investigate further. I will post updated photos as well as more detailed display.

Thank you for your input bob 🙂

Great! I look forward to seeing the results.Were you able to confirm the age? I don't know anything about collapora but what I can find about them seems to have then as Mesozoic or later. What features led you to look at them as a possibility?