Two eggshells from France

embl00

Hello!

I bought these from a seller in France. They where both collected in France.

The first was a lot of shells, not sold under rhabdodon but that they could be from that species.

The second under the name paleolodus.

I understand that ID eggshells to specific species is almost impossible. But I can’t find any info on any of the when it comes to findings of egg shells. Do any one know anything?

would really like to know:)

best regards Emil 

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3842.jpeg

IMG_3848.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

IMG_3849.jpeg

I don't know all that much about the subject, but I did acquire a few bits of dinosaur eggshells from Beaurecueil, Aix-en-Province on a trade. These were from the oogenera Cairanoolithus dughii and Megaloolithus siruguei attributed possibly to Struthiosaurus and Hypselosaurus respectively. Hope this helps. Do you have a precise location? Perhaps that would help your search.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I think the ID on the supposed Paleolodus is based on the fact that Paleolodus is the common bird at some French Miocene bone sites.  I wonder if there has been any actual research that can associate these French Miocene (I assume) bird eggshells with Paleolodus.    

14 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

I don't know all that much about the subject, but I did acquire a few bits of dinosaur eggshells from Beaurecueil, Aix-en-Province on a trade. These were from the oogenera Cairanoolithus dughii and Megaloolithus siruguei attributed possibly to Struthiosaurus and Hypselosaurus respectively. Hope this helps. Do you have a precise location? Perhaps that would help your search.

Cairanoolithus dughii was very helpful, might be somthing in those lines. It is not Megaloolithus sirugudi, to thin. Atleast compared to my pices from Argentina. Will do some further reading.

13 hours ago, jpc said:

I think the ID on the supposed Paleolodus is based on the fact that Paleolodus is the common bird at some French Miocene bone sites.  I wonder if there has been any actual research that can associate these French Miocene (I assume) bird eggshells with Paleolodus.    

Probably not, but thanks for the info on the bird fossils. I can find some eggs that are sold from france. But no one has a speceis assigned to it. Might need further research there.

Thanks for the pdf.  I will  read it later.  I was at Montaigue le Blin a few years ago.  I love that site; dream of going back.  Found more bird bones in one day than I have in the rest of my 30 year paleo career.  And two bat jaws as well, which is the total of my bat fossils. 

• I found this Informative 1