DRJENN

I was agate hunting in Crescent City, CA, at Pebble Beach. I found this tooth. I've been an avid "fossiler" for decades. My usual places are Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, and the Peace River in Florida. I've found numerous types of teeth, Glyptodont scutes, etc. This is my first find in CA. I can't identify the tooth. Seal? Dolphin? Human? I am curious if the root has been agatized to some degree. Any help in identifying what animal this tooth came from is greatly appreciated.

IMG_5343.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

IMG_5342.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

@DRJENN

Welcome to TFF,  I hope you get to like this forum...

So a US dime is about 18 mm. I can figure out doing multiple measurements that your tooth is about 30 mm, but I am in Florida... What if someone in another country wants to help you, but does not have a US dime?

Please just measure it and state it in words.

Some years back , a very good friend gave me a number of teeth he had found at STH in Bakersville.

Those teeth included....

a molar and an incisor....

Allodesmuskernensis.jpg.57ea596f072992598f367c701d6efa19.jpg

Allodesmus.thumb.jpg.41f753f50da9b679c98e094eaf3ab13c.jpg

They seem to have some similarity so I would search the internet for Allodesmus teeth.. @siteseer

• I found this Informative 2

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thank you. I'll look at those teeth. The tooth is 31 MM. I don't know how to edit my first post. 

34 minutes ago, DRJENN said:

Thank you. I'll look at those teeth. The tooth is 31 MM. I don't know how to edit my first post. 

Not a problem,  you can not edit posts until you reach some # of posts/threads.   Not a problem.  

They will see the measurement you have added...  

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

12 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

Not a problem,  you can not edit posts until you reach some # of posts/threads.   Not a problem.  

They will see the measurement you have added...  

Slight correction:  Edits can be made for 48 hours.  The elipses to the far right of the post allows the dropdown to access editing. ;) 

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me