February 2024 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month Poll

digit

February 2024 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Cast Your Vote!

• 1. Pachycephalosaurid (Stegoceras) squamosal section - Cretaceous, Dinosaur Park Formation - Steveville area, Newell County, Alberta
    • 2. cf. Orthacanthus elasmobranch tooth - Carboniferous, Pennsylvanian, Portersville Limestone, Glenshaw Formation - West Virginia
    • 3. Campodus sp. crusher shark tooth - Carboniferous, Pennsylvanian, Muncie Creek concretions - Missouri
    • 4. Araeodelphis natator (river dolphin) - Miocene, Calvert Formation - Maryland

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/2024 at 04:59 AM

Check the entries below carefully and cast your vote! PM me if you notice any errors with the entries.

The poll ends March 9th. Be sure to vote in our other FOTM poll, HERE

1. Pachycephalosaurid (Stegoceras) squamosal section  - Cretaceous, Dinosaur Park Formation - Steveville area, Newell County, Alberta 

IMG_6930.jpeg

IMG_6931.jpeg

IMG_6932.jpeg

IMG_6933.jpeg

2. cf. Orthacanthus elasmobranch tooth - Carboniferous, Pennsylvanian, Portersville Limestone, Glenshaw Formation - West Virginia

CG-0732-Chordata-GROUP-0001.jpg

3. Campodus sp. crusher shark tooth - Carboniferous, Pennsylvanian, Muncie Creek concretions - Missouri

IMG_9012.jpeg

IMG_9010.jpeg

IMG_9011.jpeg

4. Araeodelphis natator (river dolphin) - Miocene, Calvert Formation - Maryland

IMG_20240228_193013385.jpg

AraeodelphisVentralView-gigapixel-low_res-scale-4_00x.jpg

AraeodelphisLateralViewShowing3Teeth.jpg

AraeodelphisBullaandVertebra.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Are we allowed to or able to change our votes? Can we see what we voted for to make sure that it is correct? I thought that we could in the past. I voted for 1 and then thought that I tried to vote for 4 after a review of the original full post for 4. If I have double voted please eliminate vote for 1.

Thanks.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Hmmmm.... indeed in the past I occasionally would go and see how I voted, and maybe even change a vote, but I do not see that option

5 minutes ago, jpc said:

Hmmmm.... indeed in the past I occasionally would go and see how I voted, and maybe even change a vote, but I do not see that option

Below the bar graph with voting results hit “Show Vote Options”. Then scroll up. It appears that you can then cast your vote again. I don’t know if you are changing your vote or adding an additional vote to your previous ones which would be a bug. Anyone want to test it?

IMG_0286.jpeg

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

1 hour ago, DPS Ammonite said:

Below the bar graph with voting results hit “Show Vote Options”. Then scroll up. It appears that you can then cast your vote again. I don’t know if you are changing your vote or adding an additional vote to your previous ones which would be a bug. Anyone want to test it?

IMG_0286.jpeg

It replaces your vote with the latest submission. No duplication nor bugs.

• Enjoyed 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

9 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

It replaces your vote with the latest submission. No duplication nor bugs.

Thanks for letting us know.

• digit unfeatured this topic