Anyone know if this is a claw, tooth or something different?

Flash2015

Hello - This is my first post here. When I first saw this, I immediately thought it might be a tooth or some sort but dismissed it as a rock once it dried. I took a closer look the other day and noticed it did have spongy bone like texture at the ridges, and under magnification I noticed more bone like characteristics. I can't find anything like this shape anywhere. None of the teeth I've seen have roots like this, and there aren't any claws that have such a big bulbous end. Although it looks like a tooth, I don't see any straight lines/enamel like textures. This was found at a beach in Santa Cruz, Ca. This measures 4" long x 3" wide and 2" thick. It is very symmetrical. The pics represent this fossil both wet and dry to see various details. Any assistance is very much appreciated. THANK YOU! 

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1853 (1).jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

It is bone.  Good eye.  But it is the last remnant of a larger bone in a limey concretion.  Most of it has eroded away to this shape.  So, this shape has little do do with what the bone is/was.  Maybe impossible to ID beyond... bone.  Some folks experienced in west coast bones in concretions may see more clues than I do, so let's see what they say.  

• I Agree 3