Howdy!

I read over the thread on dinosaur eggs and I'm still not sure if these are real. These two eggs supposedly come from the nanxiong formation of ganzhou China. They are being sold from South Korea.The texture of the egg shell looks like it could be Oviraptor. Is it suspicious that both eggs are listed as being the same size 18 x13 cm? Thanks.

Screenshot_20240322-152801~2.png

Screenshot_20240322-152834~2.png

Edited by Lucid_Bot

Sorry for not editing the screenshots. They looked cropped to me.

which concerns you more, that the eggs might be fakes, or that they were illegally smuggled out of china?

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

More photos are needed. They always seem to be photographed like this, on a wooden floor. Matrix seems different then useually more brownish . There are also many red flags on it see photo attached . They messed up with some horrible patch work and filler, and it also seems like they have glued the 'eggs' to a piece of matrix. I would avoid 

Screenshot_20240322-1528012.png.4f83970fe52742fea2a522bea670964e.png

they are too short for what they shoud be, Oviraptor-type. Shell seems to be original, I think they are made of original components, perhaps of 2 or 3 different eggs

But, they are reconstructions with original parts

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

On 3/26/2024 at 1:10 AM, rocket said:

they are too short for what they shoud be, Oviraptor-type. Shell seems to be original, I think they are made of original components, perhaps of 2 or 3 different eggs

But, they are reconstructions with original parts

I agree--Oviraptor types are usually longer and thinner. These look quite short and squat.