Venice Beach finds, unknown and incisor?

I.C. Fossils

Hi all, we found these at the beach and I cant find anything comparable in my book.  Hoping someone with more experience could have a look. I think the little one could possibly be an incisor and i havent a clue about the larger one.  I guess if anything its a decent looking rock. The scale bar is 1cm squared.  Looking forward to any feedback

Edited by I.C. Fossils
photos not showing up

Sorry,  here are the photos.  I forgot to resize them

toplongone.JPG

frontlongone.JPG

overheadlongone.JPG

measurelongone.JPG

firstshortone.JPG

secondshortone.JPG

thirdshortone.JPG

backshortone.JPG

measureshortone.JPG

1st piece looks to be possibly a dugong  bone fragment.. I think I see growth rings which they typically show...maybe not..

Possibledugongbone.jpg.b3f1ac7182d5e65eeb660df9c482e350.jpg

the 2nd fragment is pretty worn and polished and I think its shape is suggestive for an incisor but I think it might rather be a fragment of mammoth or mastodon tooth or maybe even a horse. need to see a closeup of any lines or layering that might be there..I think I see a narrow band of sorts... a real sharp view looking directly down on the end might show something more..I'll let the bone folks chime in as they have more expertise.. 

Continued hunting success!

Regards, Chris 

• I found this Informative 2

I appreciate it Chris and thanks for pointing out the  lines, I completely missed them. Thats awesome.  Here are a few more photos from different angles of the small one,  hopefully they are decently clear. It does look like it has some layering to it.  One view is from the top looking down and the other two images are from both sides.

top.JPG

side1.JPG

side2.JPG

Thanks for the additional images.

I am sorry  but I dont have any better speculations on from whom...

I still think it is a very nicely polished tooth fragment....

Regards, Chris 

• Thank You 1