Moroccan "Dromeosaur" tooth ?

Brevicollis

Hello, i saw this already sold theropod tooth today, which was listed as "possible Dromeosaur tooth from morocco". Was it really one ? Or just another Abeli, Carch, or Noasaur tooth ? And If someone can still find the artikle about how scientists used AI to filter all morrocan theropod teeth to find possible Deltadromeus teeth, migth Link it here in the replies ? Well, lets see what you think this tooth belonged to.

Screenshot_2024-04-01-11-52-23-116_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-01-11-51-53-358_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-01-11-52-09-707_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-01-11-51-39-499_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Are good signatures really that important ?

What an awesome tooth!
With our current understanding, those transverse undulations point towards an indet. Noasaurid.
However, the twist in the mesial carina, and the seemingly large difference in mesia/distal denticles would allow for a possible Dromaeosaurid interpretation, but nothing definite has been published to confirm this.

I had Dr. Christophe Hendrickx look over similar teeth, his assessment was that they are from a Noasaurid closely related to Masiakasaurus.

The general issue here is that no definite Dromaeosaurid material has ever been found/described/published from these deposits. Although, members on TFF have shown a Dromaeosaurid-like bone and a killing claw from the Kem Kem Beds, nothing is confirmed or published.

This is the paper:
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02724634.2024.2311791

• I found this Informative 3

Wow, that's a cool tooth! Never seen one like that from Kem Kem