Sad day to be an Otodus tooth - Rainy day on the Potomac

Atoothsatooth42

So good/bad luck today on the Potomac. Rainy, humid, but a bounty was collected regardless over 2.5 hours. Sharks teeth, ray plates, and sea glass were everywhere! Unfortunately however, not every great day is perfect, the decent sized Otodus root was a real shame šŸ˜¢. Luckily I was able to score a small Otodus in good condition, quite a few nice sand tigers, a small vert, and a few pieces of blue sea glass. Iā€™ll take it!

IMG_0096.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0095.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

• Enjoyed 10

Posted (edited)

Some great finds for only 2.5hrs of hunting! Thanks for sharing!

Ā 

And bummer on the Otodus tooth. Looks like it would have been a nice one.Ā 

Edited by Masonk
  • Enjoyed 1

Eric - @philly_fossil_collector on Instagram

A nice haul!

Well, 2.5 hours of fossil hunting beats a lot of other things you could have been doing. :)

• Enjoyed 2
  • I Agree 2

Ā  Ā Ā Tim Ā Ā  -Ā  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

Ā Ā  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.pngĀ Ā  Ā Ā  PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.pngĀ Ā  Ā  Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpgĀ  Ā  VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.pngĀ  VFOTMĀ  --- APRIL - 2015 Ā 

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~Ā  Ā ><))))(Ā *>Ā  About MeĀ  Ā  Ā Ā 

On 5/6/2024 at 9:19 AM, Fossildude19 said:

A nice haul!

Well, 2.5 hours of fossil hunting beats a lot of other things you could have been doing. :)

Ā 
Indeed, I spent all of my Monday studying for a final for a class I really didnā€™t likeĀ :shakehead:Ā  but Iā€™m liberated now!

• Enjoyed 1

Not a bad haul at all!Ā :thumbsu:
Ā 

I had to look up what ā€œsea glassā€ was. Iā€™ve only beach collected while on various vacations and donā€™t remember hearing of it. Neat little pieces, and I agree that the blue ones are the best!

• Enjoyed 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.Ā  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Ā 

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)