Pliensbachian Ichthyosaur From Charmouth, Uk

TqB

Tarquin.... Surely that ones mine?.... Beautiful and excellent prep... I know where to come if I find one... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Thanks Scylla and Steve - it's an easy matrix to work, mostly hand tools (wood chisels) and a touch of air abrader to finish (haven't done much of that yet). The main problem was fixing together the pieces.

Steve - we accept giant Coros :D

Tarquin

Spectacular find and progress on your prep, Tarquin. The finished work should be incredible.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Wow, One of my favorite creatures from the past since i was i little kid. Great prep work! I have some crabs i have been holding on too that i wont prep until i am fully satisfied with my abilitys.

• 2 weeks later...

during my trip in Charmouth , i find only one Theeth from Ichthiosaur ...nothing more ! ;)

eric

post-5401-0-92914400-1302552195_thumb.jpg

Thanks JohnJ and micropterus; eric94, nice tooth, I've just been to Charmouth and found nothing vertebrate at all!

Tarquin

• 8 months later...

Thought it was about time to start posting in "collections" again - and this ichthyosaur is now more or less finished so it seems a good place to start.

It has been confirmed as probably a juvenile Temnodontosaurus and may be a first from these beds (Pliensbachian Belemnite Marls, near Lyme Regis, UK) - it's relatively common lower down though.

post-4556-0-59227600-1324551127_thumb.jpgpost-4556-0-86705500-1324551159_thumb.jpgpost-4556-0-35957000-1324551199_thumb.jpg

Tarquin

more beautiful than I could imagine Tarquin, the composition of your ichthyosaur fossils has again left me speechless.

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Thought it was about time to start posting in "collections" again - and this ichthyosaur is now more or less finished so it seems a good place to start.

It has been confirmed as probably a juvenile Temnodontosaurus and may be a first from these beds (Pliensbachian Belemnite Marls, near Lyme Regis, UK) - it's relatively common lower down though.

post-4556-0-59227600-1324551127_thumb.jpgpost-4556-0-86705500-1324551159_thumb.jpgpost-4556-0-35957000-1324551199_thumb.jpg

Hi TqB,

Just saw this and had to add one more 'atta boy' and congratulations... great find and extraordinary prep... Bravo Sir! :D

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

WOW!

I get excited when I find a fossil sea urchin test or a small shark tooth... But to find something like your fossils in this thread... :startle: :goodjob: :greenwnvy:

Actually there are no existing smileys to describe this. Fantastic specimens and amazing prep work!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! It's back to belemnites now (which is what I was looking for when these turned up). :)

Tarquin