Keichousaurus & Psittacosaur

Garyh

Nice Dinos. When I was in Arizona I went to Quartzite there was a stand selling Keichousautus fossils. They had boxes of them do they find that many of them or are they selling a lot of fakes. The Chinese guy selling them insisted that they were real. Any input?

Edited by fishguy

They have Keiches like the Green River Fm. has fish.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

not to get into anyones personal business, what does a small dinosaur like that cost?

My specimen is just shy of 30" and when mounting (by Triassica) is complete it will have run me just over $3,200. I got an incredible deal on my skeleton though.

Hey Gary where are those pictures??? :)

Hi I did post some photos I had in my gallery, but have to take photos of my collection and post them. thank you for asking I will take photos of the other items this weekend and post.

Best regards

Gary

Edited by Garyh

Hi I did post some photos I had in my gallery, but have to take photos of my collection and post them. thank you for asking I will take photos of the other items this weekend and post.

Best regards

Gary

PS you are sure going to be happy when you recieve your Psittacosaurs from Mike and the team, please contact me when you recieve it

Gary

I meant the "in progress" photos from Mike. :)

My Psittacosaurus skeleton is currently with customs in the UK in route to Mike! He said it will take about three weeks depending on his work load. I cannot cannot wait!!

Also looking forward to your youtube video... ;)

Best regards

Gary

P.S. But I am sure none of us would mind photos of your other fossils. :D

• 6 months later...

my my this situation isn't surprising.

first off, nice tacosaur! great pose. looks alive :)

second off... that paleontologist. i CAN'T believe he just let those things slip away!!! :o :o looks like as if he wants to deal with the police voluntarily. that doesn't sound smart at all. dry.gif

im sorry... unsure.gif i don't mean to sound this bad when i talk about the taco and the keicho. keichos aren't as surprising but when i look at markets, i always see a few psittacosaurs hiding for what some selfish people did to them. im not surprised at all, after all, a few particular people around the area in china have $$ in their eyes... sleep.gif