Henry's Collection

Sinopaleus

Nice acquisition Henry! I'm a little skeptical of the data provided with your fossil. Eurypterus remipes is a North American species and the record for eurypterids from Pakistan seems to be in question. Attached is a useful paper of global distribution for the various genera and species. Perhaps you can discover more precise collection data from your trading partner?

Enlighten us please! :)

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Nice acquisition Henry! I'm a little skeptical of the data provided with your fossil. Eurypterus remipes is a North American species and the record for eurypterids from Pakistan seems to be in question. Attached is a useful paper of global distribution for the various genera and species. Perhaps you can discover more precise collection data from your trading partner?

Enlighten us please! :)

skeptical you should be, i merely guessed the species! :D hahaha! hehehehehe....heh..eh... okay....... uummmm

i am stunned that no species come from pakistan in the PDF! :o

i shall chase after the trading partner for more info. i hope he replies soon. :)

here are some free olenus and agnostid plates i got from theCambrian of Andrarum, Sweden.

scott, can you identify the direct species for me? ohmy.gif

Olenus sp and Homagnostus obesus, Cambrian, Andrarum, Sweden

post-4996-0-67085100-1316654327_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-92814500-1316654338_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossil maniac

Glad I did not give up. Try a google search for Baltoeurypterus. That is synonymous with E. tetragonophthalmus and each appear to be valid. There are so many scattered about that region you might want to check which has precedence.

Plenty of pdf's for you to research Henry!

Glad I did not give up. Try a google search for Baltoeurypterus. That is synonymous with E. tetragonophthalmus and each appear to be valid. There are so many scattered about that region you might want to check which has precedence.

Plenty of pdf's for you to research Henry!

thanks for the pdf's scott! :D

i will read them with clarity ;)

here are three more new additions. i am super pleased to have this fossil!

Nemiana simplex, Upper Precambrian, Ukraine

post-4996-0-13310900-1316964652_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossil maniac

here is a Platecarpus ptychodon tooth i got as a freebie! biggrin.gif it's razor sharp and the slicing edge is very well preserved.

Platecarpus ptychodon, Cretaceous, Phosphate Beds, Morocco

post-4996-0-56806700-1316970329_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossil maniac

and last but not least, here are Passaloteuthis laevigata belemnites i got along with the trade of Nemiana simplex. don't worry, wave after waves of fossils are going to come in... wink.gif

Passaloteuthis laevigata, Cretaceous, France

post-4996-0-10654400-1316971774_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossil maniac

and last but not least, here are Passaloteuthis laevigata belemnites i got along with the trade of Nemiana simplex. don't worry, wave after waves of fossils are going to come in... ;)

Very nice ... wave, Henry B)

Keep them coming :)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

• 2 weeks later...

here are three more new additions. i am super pleased to have this fossil!

Nemiana simplex, Upper Precambrian, Ukraine

Interesting: you live in China, and have so many ukrainian fossils! I have two Nemianas at home too :D

Fossils fossils and again fossils

Kyivsharks

Aso, did you yourself find this chilotherium skull, or you purchased it?

Tim

Kyivsharks

Aso, did you yourself find this chilotherium skull, or you purchased it?

Tim

hehe, bought them ;)

yeh, lately i've been getting one or two ukrainian fossils! :D

It is interesting, do you have shark teeth in China? I live in Kyiv, and there are biiiiiiiiig sand inwashes, and there some interesting fossils can be found. I made a website about these fossils(I'd like to change photos there, so it is yet under construction). I go there every Sunday, and found some fossils: many shark tooth bits + 7 complete(Otodus mugozdarhicus, Odontaspis, Heterodontus, some Squaliform and perhaps Cretoxyrina; I was there 6 times), many mammuthic bones(tusk bits: big and small, recently found part of astragalus, three complete rodent skulls, someones lower jaw and more than two hundred unidentifieble bone pieces), belemnites, crabs(4), and Paleozoic: corals and Agnatha. Fossils are from Devonian, Cretaceous, Eocene, maybe Miocene and Pleistocene.

Edited by Tyrannotitan

Kyivsharks

It is interesting, do you have shark teeth in China? I live in Kyiv, and there are biiiiiiiiig sand inwashes, and there some interesting fossils can be found. I made a website about these fossils(I'd like to change photos there, so it is yet under construction). I go there every Sunday, and found some fossils: many shark tooth bits + 7 complete(Otodus mugozdarhicus, Odontaspis, Heterodontus, some Squaliform and perhaps Cretoxyrina; I was there 6 times), many mammuthic bones(tusk bits: big and small, recently found part of astragalus, three complete rodent skulls, someones lower jaw and more than two hundred unidentifieble bone pieces), belemnites, crabs(4), and Paleozoic: corals and Agnatha. Fossils are from Devonian, Cretaceous, Eocene, maybe Miocene and Pleistocene.

strangely, china doesn't have any shark teeth! :o:( nor echnoids or starfish.

interesting! almost all fossils here are from sedimentary beds...

strangely, china doesn't have any shark teeth! :o:( nor echnoids or starfish.

interesting! almost all fossils here are from sedimentary beds...

Henry,

You might want to double check that info. There are certainly records of shark and starfish fossils from China. Additionally, here is a paper that popped up on google that lists over two dozen fossil echinoids from China. Always cross-reference the data and remain thoughtfully skeptical. ;)

Henry,

You might want to double check that info. There are certainly records of shark and starfish fossils from China. Additionally, here is a paper that popped up on google that lists over two dozen fossil echinoids from China. Always cross-reference the data and remain thoughtfully skeptical. ;)

... mellow.gif

blink.gif

WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????!!!!! IT'S LIKE FINDING FOSSILS IN THE SKY!! ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif how could that be? never knew there were echies and sharks!! absolutely mind blasting!!

here is a slab of eldregeops rana carmine sent me! biggrin.gif there are two on the same face if you look careful enough.

Eldregeops rana, Devonian, Penn-Dixie, New York, USA

post-4996-0-54922100-1318099263_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-76110500-1318099303_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-50250100-1318099420_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossil maniac