Henry's Collection

Sinopaleus

I think I see some calamites in there...

yep! ;) calamites, lepidodendron, stigmaria, annularia, sphenophyllum are found where i hunted ;)

Henry.... There's some very nice specimens there including your 2 cones....The way the material has preserved and the very dark colour of the sediment reminds me of a layer that produced fish remains over here... Do you see any bivalves or the like in the matrix?....

hi steve! thanks! B) nah, unfortunately no fish have been reported to be found. all there are are insect tracks (i think i found one but i left it there by accident!!! no!!!!!), amphib tracks, plants and occasionally insects themselves! this was more like a deep-forest swamp than a coastal swamp ;)

Hey Henry, Just finished perusing your collection.. some nice stuff in there. What a lot of work photoing it and posting! BTW you could eliminate some of the typing and just put, for example:

Dinosaur egg: Dendroolithus guoqingsiensis

Cretaceous

Xixia basin, Henan province, China

..and put something in for scale so we can see the size. But I guess that creates more work having to place the ruler or what-have-you ... I often forget to put something in for scale but it's a good idea!

Your posts have inspired me to post some of my collection for show, but it might have to wait, I know how much work will be involved....

Anyway, keep it up. Cheers.

Eric

hi eric! :D thanks! yep, the rulers in my house are all dead.... however i did get a new one and was planning to use it. i do have scale references for size comparison but i was hoping to post them later when everything is chill :P;)

anyways, thanks for the tip eric! ^_^

FM

Great collection Henry! Thanks for sharing. Under the Meteorite section, you have one as questionable with a light weight. This is a Tektite, here is a link to some like yours...http://www.mindat.org/gallery.php?loc=27885

thanks dudeman ;) if you're referring to the black-coloured one with bubbles, then yeap that's a tektite alright (knew that before lol) :P thanks for the help and tip anyways! ;)

best,

FM

okay guys, this is an update.... i just noticed that some of the pictures of my specimens are junk. ill be editing the posts so better images will come up to reveal their true beauty ;) thanks and stay tuned! B)

• 2 weeks later...

new additions arrived!! :D;)

photos will come up soon. just posting the name of the things i got.

Edited by fossil maniac

Xiangxiia yongshunensis (17.5 cm) and 3 trilobite ghosts (Psilocephalina lubrica, Paraszechuanella sp, Norinia convexa), Yunnan, Early Ordovician, China

Slab weighs 30 KG

post-4996-0-06959700-1324569999_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-37199500-1324570047_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-86945700-1324570118_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-44709200-1324570931_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossil maniac

8 big Acrospirifer increbessens, Guangxi, Late Devonian, China

post-4996-0-09993900-1324571355_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-21198900-1324571388_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-30183500-1324571457_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossil maniac

one of carmine's favorite favosites from his favorite spot tongue.gif

???, Silurian?, Smoke Creek, NY, USA

That site is Devonian, Little Brother. :)

Very Nice collection.

Regards

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Xiangxiia yongshunensis (17.5 cm) and 3 trilobite ghosts, Yunnan, Early Ordovician, China

Slab weighs 30 KG

Congrats on this very big and wonderful wave, Henry :o:wub:

Happy Holidays :)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Hey Henry... pretty soon you need a building to house your fossils and call it the Henry Museum.... :Bananasaur:

hahaha, that's true! :P in fact that was exactly what i had in mind... :zzzzscratchchin:

Those fossil boxes are real cool!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!