My Latest Acquisition

isurus90064

This is a very common tooth from a common location, the Moroccon phosphate beds. This Otodus tooth is 4.25" along the visible root lobe. The other lobe is buried in the matrix and if it is all there will be slightly longer than the one exposed. The tooth is not perfect but there is no repair and no restoration. It has a chip on the tip, another where the crown meets the mesial cusp, and a chip on the secondary cusplet of the distal cusp, but that's about it.

post-488-1263179572255_thumb.jpg post-488-126317957094_thumb.jpg

What a beast! That's about the biggest one I've ever seen. Good looking, too; congrats!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What a beast! That's about the biggest one I've ever seen. Good looking, too; congrats!

Hey Auspex, thanks .. it's not pretty but beefy it is ..

I have a paper on the famous Chilean deposit (where all the shark teeth come from near Caldera) with regards to the fossil penguin that somes from there. Would you like me to send it to you?? If so let me know where to email it (it's a pdf).

Guest bmorefossil
Hey Auspex, thanks .. it's not pretty but beefy it is ..

I have a paper on the famous Chilean deposit (where all the shark teeth come from near Caldera) with regards to the fossil penguin that somes from there. Would you like me to send it to you?? If so let me know where to email it (it's a pdf).

thats a real nice tooth i had to pay 25 for my 4"er worst part is the root lobes are two different color, like there was one missing so they put this one on.

thats a real nice tooth i had to pay 25 for my 4"er worst part is the root lobes are two different color, like there was one missing so they put this one on.

I've made a few blunder purchases from Morocco in the past. I'm sure you know but when you start looking at some of the material that comes from there you see more and more restoration and/or repair. They are also getting better at blending and hiding resto work on fixer-uppers.

Amazing Otodus. A tooth this size must approach the size limit for such teeth. I've seen a few at just over 4" but not quite this large. Anyone seen any larger Otodus teeth??

A great addition to any collection!! <_<:rolleyes:

Guest Nicholas

Great buy.

I stopped having anything to do with Morocco fossils since I've seen MOSASAUR jaw sections with 3-4 perfect teeth in the matrix for 20 dollars. On closer investigation you can see that they have 50 to 60 percent restoration.

That blows away any other Otodus I've ever heard of as far as size. That's gotta be the equivalent to a 7 1/4" meg. Of course, you've got one near that in your gallery. If I asked you to show a 1" whale shark tooth or a 2" Hammerhead, I wouldn't be surprised if you could. You have an absolutely incredible collection :o :applause:

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

That blows away any other Otodus I've ever heard of as far as size. That's gotta be the equivalent to a 7 1/4" meg. Of course, you've got one near that in your gallery. If I asked you to show a 1" whale shark tooth or a 2" Hammerhead, I wouldn't be surprised if you could. You have an absolutely incredible collection :o :applause:

Thank you thank you, I'm humbled considering some of the phenomenal specimen on this site and I'm not just talking shark teeth.

btw looks like collection-wise you're in pretty good shape yourself. Very nice, especially the edestus, the cusped thresher, the large peruvian meg!!, peruvian blue shark etc.

Edited by solius symbiosus
combined your post

• 5 months later...
Guest bmorefossil
Not quite my latest acquisition but fairly recent .. a 'late' auriculatus tooth. The tooth is 4.46" along the slant.

hey stop buying things unless you are going to share because every time you buy or find something my jaw drops

:faint:

Another gem Marcel. Where's it from?

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Not quite my latest acquisition but fairly recent .. a 'late' auriculatus tooth. The tooth is 4.46" along the slant.

No words!!!!!!!!!! except fantastic :P:P

Guest bmorefossil
Hey guys, unfortunately the location is less exotic, South Carolina, Berkeley County.

awww all that for nothing, no im just playing with you, its an awsome tooth

awww all that for nothing, no im just playing with you, its an awsome tooth

phew, I was considering giving it away there for a sec :-) btw I've been to MD once before but never really collected there ...

Guest bmorefossil
phew, I was considering giving it away there for a sec :-) btw I've been to MD once before but never really collected there ...

ah to bad there are some nice teeth here I bet you would have found a few

Guest bmorefossil
I've always been on the lookout for a couple of those nice Paleocarcharodons from MD .. as well as Otodus.

yea im going to start heading down to the river to find some, its just so hard to find them not worn

I've always been on the lookout for a couple of those nice Paleocarcharodons from MD .. as well as Otodus.

Hey Marcel,

That's a beast of a ric tooth. Very nice!

I only have one example of a Paleo from MD and one example of an Otodus from MD. The Paleo is somewhat

water worn and 1 1/16" slant length. The Otodus is pretty large at 2 1/8"+.

Thanks,

Eddie

post-476-1230317674_thumb.jpg

post-476-1230317681_thumb.jpg

post-476-1230317690_thumb.jpg

post-476-1230317706_thumb.jpg

post-476-1230317714_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
Hey Marcel,

I only have one example of a Paleo from MD and one example of an Otodus from MD. The Paleo is somewhat

Thanks,

Eddie

wow both are very nice teeth from maryland, the paleo is a good size and the otodus is awsome!!!

Hey Marcel,

Thanks,

Eddie

Hey Eddie,

Excellent teeth ... impressive quality on that Otodus!!