My Latest Acquisition

isurus90064

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Megalodon ..

I really love the color of your Meg for your avatar isurus90064! Can I ask where you found it?

Aslo nice buys! :D

Oh, and if you're ever in MD I'm sure one of us on here can take you to the spot you can find those Paleos. I've found 3 so far. 2 are very water one but 1 is really nice!

(edit) I knew I had a picture somewhere! I'm glad I didn't have to run off and take pictures. :D

DSC00959.jpg

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

...I knew I had a picture somewhere! I'm glad I didn't have to run off and take pictures. :D

Mmmmmmmmmm, Auk ulnas...

post-423-1232377524_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 4 weeks later...
I really love the color of your Meg for your avatar isurus90064! Can I ask where you found it?

Aslo nice buys! :D

Oh, and if you're ever in MD I'm sure one of us on here can take you to the spot you can find those Paleos. I've found 3 so far. 2 are very water one but 1 is really nice!

(edit) I knew I had a picture somewhere! I'm glad I didn't have to run off and take pictures. :D

DSC00959.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response. That tooth comes from Peru, Ica River Valley,"Las Tres Piramides", south of Ica. I have a collection of them. Thanks Phoenix ...

I've always been on the lookout for a couple of those nice Paleocarcharodons from MD .. as well as Otodus.

Keeping it in the family....I like these Peruvian Rics I got from Ron Barnes.

post-1292-1234493844_thumb.jpg

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

Marcell this is my latest acquisition from e-bay. A monster 5 and 1/2 inch Meg lower that I could have sworn I've seen before in Bob's personal collection. It has awesome root cusps, an almost pink bourlette and that darkish grey/green indicative of the "snake pit". If this is the same tooth then you've probably seen it. I don't know how it got on e-bay but I feel truly lucky to have bought it!!

post-1292-1234495075_thumb.jpg

Yes, that tooth comes from the snake pit. The following day I was in a quarry on the west side (1880s digs) when he came out to show me that tooth. He found another that same day (also snakepit) although that was an upper anterior.

Sooooo........ Now we know who won this tooth. It was quite a hot topic of discussion while the auction was going on (see the fossils on the web category) Could you please post some better pics of the bourlette as there was some disagreement whether or not it was there. Nice tooth, and I'm glad you enjoy it.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Hi guys! I will bet anyone a Benedini that the bourlette is there ;) Seriously it is definitely 80% there. What is fooling some people is that the enamal has been raised during the fossilization process. I will try my best to get better pictures of it for you. On a lighter note I first offered Paleoasis $1,500 for the tooth( 3 month installment plan) but he thought he could get more. This isn't a dig on him but rather a salute to my Tooth Karma that day :P

Guest bmorefossil
Hi guys! I will bet anyone a Benedini that the bourlette is there ;) Seriously it is definitely 80% there. What is fooling some people is that the enamal has been raised during the fossilization process. I will try my best to get better pictures of it for you. On a lighter note I first offered Paleoasis $1,500 for the tooth( 3 month installment plan) but he thought he could get more. This isn't a dig on him but rather a salute to my Tooth Karma that day :P

see what did i say, at least someone is on my side, yes it looks to be about 80% i marked it off for other to see but they were not convinced )=

• 3 months later...