I've been going through some of the older posts to update some of the photos with better quality pics.

On page 6, post 107 I posted a front and back at a better quality:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/2380-extraordinary-common-teeth/page-6

Edited by isurus90064

Hey Eddie,

You hoarder, does your wife have an account here, cause I think it's time someone told her the truth :-).

Fantastic Isurus examples. You guys have no idea how inspiring it is to me as well as young collectors seeing these teeth for the first time, many of whom are inspired by what you've collected and accumulated over time, let's keep it going :-).

Loving those weird Meherrin's!

Marcel, she has no interest in shark teeth or fossils, so I am safe. :)

You guys have some killer P. benedeni! I have a few nice ones, but since I don't have any good pics of them yet, so I will continue with my Isurus theme. This one is fairly large (2 7/16",) but the coloration is what makes it really cool. Not even sure how to explain it, so I'll just post the pictures. I will say the tooth is more blue than what the pictures show.

blue_mako1_zpsw6wbxmxy.jpg

blue_mako2_zpsdwhbplcn.jpg

blue_mako3_zpsjulwtbpv.jpg

blue_mako4_zpstjigjxay.jpg

My sister has a megalodon tooth similar to that. She found the tip of it sticking out of the cliff, and when it was removed the tip, which had exposed to the elements, was bleached to an entirely different from the rest of the tooth. Maybe something similar happened to that tooth?

This thread is absolutely loaded with amazing teeth. I thought my collection was pretty good, then I stumbled upon this thread this morning. I have to remind myself I have only been collecting for less than a couple of years. I will contribute anyway!

Starting off slow, here's a 2.22" Angustidens from Summerville, South Carolina

post-12595-0-94442800-1441335337_thumb.jpg

post-12595-0-42843600-1441335338_thumb.jpg

Here's another Angustidens from Summerville, SC. This tooth was a personal find so it has a special place in my collection. Small at 1.5" but the preservation of this one is amazing.

Wow!

Look at the serrations on that!

I don't think that did any serious chomping.

The term "gem" is sometimes used to describe teeth - this one certainly deserves that label....

Edited by Doctor Mud

Hey Troodon,

I'm working on displays, but it's still a bit of a work in progress. I'm so picky, I keep starting over on a comprehensive solution. How about you? you display all your stuff?

Edited by isurus90064

I was digging through my collection and was coming across some angustidens teeth I had bought around 2002/2003 primarily for the color. At some point I bought a number of angustidens teeth from the Meherrin River, NC and these are the reddest ones I have from there.

Whatever makes Meherrin teeth red, these must have been in the thick of it. I compared the actual teeth to the photos of the teeth to make sure the color is not more than what it is in reality. They almost have a 'woodish' feel to them.

The first one is not of great quality (although the labial side is quite nice), the color is what stood out more.

01.jpg.8d58e940a941a25cf2edaf27274e72e6.jpg02.jpg.907081af21f2f914a6ade3afbba0a6e7.jpg