Otodus chubutensis

~19 and 18 Ma (Di Celma et al., 2018b; Lambert et al., 2018)

Lower Miocene

Chilcatay Formation

Ica River Valley

Peru

This tooth is shown front and back photographed with and without flash .. it's a pain getting the true color to come out in the pics.

01.jpg.be6af479a3df134c5cb5586d4cb2231f.jpg02.jpg.b733fd83dbc649b96a54c84c4fe302df.jpg03.jpg.f8e2f2b231f6f7e54932fa5571cda25a.jpg04.jpg.350363cfe95cbe58ec0412b05dc4b3cd.jpg

another ..

This may be the most beautiful shark's tooth I have ever seen <writhes in envy>

post-423-1235016366_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I've been meaning to list some of the Peruvian teeth together ...

This tooth is shown front and back photographed with and without flash .. it's a pain getting the true color to come out in the pics.

Holy cow, these teeth are unbelievable! The juvenile tooth (in your avatar) is hypnotizing.

Thanks for sharing,

Eddie

Where as the color of Marcel's Peruvian teeth are the master piece of a true artist the color scheme on these firezone megs have the method of a toddler's finger painting! :P Also notice the crinkles on the back of the single meg which is also the meg with the wacky waves on the edge.

post-1292-1235059923_thumb.jpg

post-1292-1235059943_thumb.jpg

post-1292-1235059952_thumb.jpg

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

...notice the crinkles on the back of the single meg which is also the meg with the wacky waves on the edge.

Gnarley! It just looks so...grouchy.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Where as the color of Marcel's Peruvian teeth are the master piece of a true artist the color scheme on these firezone megs have the method of a toddler's finger painting! :P Also notice the crinkles on the back of the single meg which is also the meg with the wacky waves on the edge.

Hey John, fantastic teeth, love the coloration ... the wrinkles are great as well .... very very nice!

Guest bmorefossil

very nice tooth love the waves

Hey John, fantastic teeth, love the coloration ... the wrinkles are great as well .... very very nice!

Thanks Marcel! Did you get a chance to check out my site Visit My Website

Guest bmorefossil

yea i just checked it out, I never knew that you hunted the potomac river, cool. You dont have any Maryland fossils on your site, do you have any?

yea i just checked it out, I never knew that you hunted the potomac river, cool. You dont have any Maryland fossils on your site, do you have any?

I don't have any MD fossils. I have been wanting to hunt Calvert a long time but never made it there.

Hi John,

Great site! My son likes it very much too.

Ps. I happend to see some very familiar teeth there :D

Regards,

Martijn

Qua patet orbis

Hi John,

Great site! My son likes it very much too.

Ps. I happend to see some very familiar teeth there :D

Regards,

Martijn

Yep....the Belgian Teeth are yours! Thanks

Hey guys, here's some more fish material and if anyone has an idea on the ID, I'm all ears :-) I think I've seen a similar fossil from STH listed elsewhere on the forum with the same question with regards to ID and I can't find that listing or anywhere ... bmore maybe :-)

"Sharktooth Hill"

~15.5 Ma

Middle Miocene

Roundmountain Silt

Bakersfield, Kern County

CA

Roundmountain Silt ages:

~15.5-16.3 Ma - Roundmountain Silt strontium-isotope ages (Olson, 1988)

~14.0-15.5 Ma - Roundmountain Silt Luisian benthic foraminiferal fauna (Barron and Isaacs, 2001; Prothero, 2001)

~15.0-16.0 Ma - Roundmountain Silt Denticulopsis lauta A zone diatoms (Barron, 1981; Barron, in Bartow and McDougall, 1984)

~14.5-16.1 Ma - magnetic stratigraphy for the Roundmountain Silt (Prothero, Sanchez, and Denke, 2008)

~15.2-16.0 Ma - magnetic stratigraphy for the middle section of the Roundmountain Silt that includes the bonebed (Prothero, Sanchez, and Denke, 2008)

~15.5 Ma - magnetic stratigraphy for the bonebed itself (Prothero, Sanchez, and Denke, 2008)

~14.5-16.1 Ma - best correlation for the Roundmountain Silt (Prothero, Sanchez, and Denke, 2008)

01.jpg.bd24e88c93310767634366d20d774e02.jpg

Earbones ... these took awhile to prep and you have to be so darn careful as well (still working on the third one) ..

cf. Tiphyocetus temblorensis

"Sharktooth Hill"

~15.5 Ma

Middle Miocene

Roundmountain Silt

Bakersfield, Kern County

CA

Roundmountain Silt ages:

~15.5-16.3 Ma - Roundmountain Silt strontium-isotope ages (Olson, 1988)

~14.0-15.5 Ma - Roundmountain Silt Luisian benthic foraminiferal fauna (Barron and Isaacs, 2001; Prothero, 2001)

~15.0-16.0 Ma - Roundmountain Silt Denticulopsis lauta A zone diatoms (Barron, 1981; Barron, in Bartow and McDougall, 1984)

~14.5-16.1 Ma - magnetic stratigraphy for the Roundmountain Silt (Prothero, Sanchez, and Denke, 2008)

~15.2-16.0 Ma - magnetic stratigraphy for the middle section of the Roundmountain Silt that includes the bonebed (Prothero, Sanchez, and Denke, 2008)

~15.5 Ma - magnetic stratigraphy for the bonebed itself (Prothero, Sanchez, and Denke, 2008)

~14.5-16.1 Ma - best correlation for the Roundmountain Silt (Prothero, Sanchez, and Denke, 2008)

27.jpg25.jpg26.jpg