News Article About Me

Dave pom Allen

congratulations! :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Nice to see another article showing how much us "amateur" collectors contribute to science.

Great to know that anyone with a little curiosity and ambition can contribute in a positive way to the understanding our natural world.

Ramo

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Yes, congratulations. That was a great video too. I recognized your giant crab claw and the dolphin skull in matrix. As unique as many of your specimens are, you are certainly in a class by yourself as well: a self-taught fossil collector, self-taught fossil preparer and expert at both. I'm glad you are being widely-recognized for your efforts. Well-deserved.

Among your future discoveries, I hope you find some Ikamauius oral teeth.

A true honor to be on the Forum with you!!! Congratulations on the great article!! :goodjob:

"The road to success is always under construction." Author Unknown.

Dave... Congratulations on the article and the reccognition your efforts deserve... Nice one...I will watch the vvideo again when I have sound...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

I was delighted to read that and a huge congratulations

for all your accomplishments! I love your fossil collection too!

You have so many first rate finds! I am glad you posted that....

Welcome to the forum!

My most heartfelt congratulations!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Congrats! Its great to have the work of the amateur collector recognized by the professional establishment - lately its been hard to get professionals to recognize the contributions we amateurs make to paleontology. Very well deserved, congratulations again!

''Amateur Paleontologist attracts attention''

Has anyone met the term ''AMATEUR PALEONTOLOGIST'' to date???

Me not... :o :o :o

And this itself is saying a lot :Thumbs Up:

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Thank you all for the very kind words. Over the years that i have been part of the fossil forum the help with information and identification i have received from the members here have helped immensely with some of the fossils i have found. Its this willingness to help that keeps me going.

A big thank you again from way down in the sunny south pacific. :) Dave

Edited by Dave pom Allen

Dave,

Congratulations on theArticle/video! :)

Nice to see you getting some well deserved recognition!

I have been following your amazing finds since I started here on the forum, and am always inspired by what you find, to go and find more on my own!

Thanks for being a great example of what an "Amateur" fossil hunter should be!

Congratulations, again!! :D

Best regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Dave,

Fantastic to hear that you'll be donating some material to the Te Papa Museum! I have just been accepted into the Ph.D. program at the University of Otago, and would certainly be interested to see some of your material - particularly pinniped fossils - if they are available for study.

Bobby

I watched it again now I have sound... Congratulations Dave and keep up the good work...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Dave,

Fantastic to hear that you'll be donating some material to the Te Papa Museum! I have just been accepted into the Ph.D. program at the University of Otago, and would certainly be interested to see some of your material - particularly pinniped fossils - if they are available for study.

Bobby

Hi Bobby great to hear your heading our way. you just get in touch with me when your here in NZ and will arrange when you are available for you to come up this way.. myself and my hunting mate have heaps of identifiable bones, more than enough to identify if they are of known pinniped.

Know one has had a real look at any of my pinniped material ,you are the only person that has expressed any real interest and it would be my pleasure if you are willing to study them. Dave

Hi Bobby great to hear your heading our way. you just get in touch with me when your here in NZ and will arrange when you are available for you to come up this way.. myself and my hunting mate have heaps of identifiable bones, more than enough to identify if they are of known pinniped.

Know one has had a real look at any of my pinniped material ,you are the only person that has expressed any real interest and it would be my pleasure if you are willing to study them. Dave

A match made in Fossil Forum heaven!!!

Cephalopods rule!!