My Fossil Teeth Collection

Boukje

From my end, the top middle and top right are Desmostylus.

Mammals are not extremely popular here (although they are my favorite), so most members probably won't know what they're looking at. It might help to give a list of the common names of some of the fossils you have up there. Even being into mammals, most of that material is foreign to me.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

this one I had also,the tapir,turtle,sloth and sloth are not fossil,but very old.

The aligator has naturial mummification

post-7290-0-57624900-1320498655_thumb.jpg

post-7290-0-30718700-1320498665_thumb.jpg

post-7290-0-01627000-1320498677_thumb.jpg

post-7290-0-46068600-1320498686_thumb.jpg

post-7290-0-74540100-1320498796_thumb.jpg

A collection one could get one's teeth into!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

my fossil(mammal)teeth collection

Neat collection in total :wub:

Thanks for showing it and welcome to the Forum ;):)

May I ask if any of these are your finds?

Astrinos P. Damianakis

nice collection! I wish you would include some more info on these so we can learn more about the different teeth. Thanks for posting :thumbsu:

Nice! Is that a modern whale tooth in the bottom right? and is that a deer lower jaw?

"There is no difference between Zen and Purgatory and Time Warner Cable, and they are trying to tach me this, but I am a dim impatient pupil."

----- xonenine

hi Astron,

thanks! a few teeth I find by my self yes! (whooly rhino and shark teeth ect)but here in Holland there not so much tooth material to find,especially not what I like! so I have good connections all over the world,and they now my passion for fossil teeth,so they help me to make my collection bigger!!!

(sorry for the english)

But if I'm in other countys I always search for my own fossils.(for example,they are not fossil but I found the sloth,tapir and turtle skull by my self,I found them in the interior of Surinam)

Very nice presentation. How do you acquire your fossils? Find them? Purchase them? Gifts from others? Are any of the photos from the internet of other peoples finds? I find fossilers enjoy photos regardless of how you acquired the photo. Some times I post photos of other peoples fossils but I always note this. When I go to a fossil show and take photos, I post the photos so interested parties can see what is out there. I have a couple of items in my collection that were gifts.

Thanks for sharing.