North Sulphur River Saturday Who Wants To Go?

feeshy1

My daughter when she was younger loved the North Sulphur River because she could play in the mud! Now that she's a teenager...not so much. Take her, she will enjoy it!

She's only 6. Not quite ready for the North Sulphur River. she needs a little more stuff to pick up at the moment.

Brent...

This is an opportunity!! Turn her into the female equivalent of Weston!! Jeepers!! That boy finds fossils that would make many adults proud!! He is amazing!! (I know that he and his father have taught me tons!!) If given the opportunity, young girls can evolve into SO MUCH more than what is expected of them!! TAKE HER!! SHE WILLL LOVE IT!! And what is BEST is that HER DADDY TOOK HER FOSSIL HUNTING!! Not many girls can say that!! She is ready... maybe not for the equivalent of what you WANT... but goodness... WOWZERS!! This is potentially a favorite memory!! If only for 30 minutes, she wants to make YOU PROUD of her... let her find anything... goodness...even an OYSTER or a Gastropod... those are ridiculous around Texas,... Just praise her... let her make you feel like she has accomplished something... You will not be sorry!!

yes then youll hear something like "look what you missed!" followed by "you just walk straight ahead and don't even look to the sides!" and the insults will be music to your ears as they denote interest in something other than video games...

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Brent...

This is an opportunity!! Turn her into the female equivalent of Weston!! Jeepers!! That boy finds fossils that would make many adults proud!! He is amazing!! (I know that he and his father have taught me tons!!) If given the opportunity, young girls can evolve into SO MUCH more than what is expected of them!! TAKE HER!! SHE WILLL LOVE IT!! And what is BEST is that HER DADDY TOOK HER FOSSIL HUNTING!! Not many girls can say that!! She is ready... maybe not for the equivalent of what you WANT... but goodness... WOWZERS!! This is potentially a favorite memory!! If only for 30 minutes, she wants to make YOU PROUD of her... let her find anything... goodness...even an OYSTER or a Gastropod... those are ridiculous around Texas,... Just praise her... let her make you feel like she has accomplished something... You will not be sorry!!

Oh, she's a fossil hunter... Just not ready for that much mud and goo. She's more of a "lower cretaceous find-her-wieght-in fossils" kind of hunter, right now. She'll get there.

She also HAS to get over her insect fears. anything more than an ant gets her going. Pretty soon she'll be picking up bird poop thinking it's a ptychodus tooth like the rest of us!

h

Oh, she's a fossil hunter... Just not ready for that much mud and goo. She's more of a "lower cretaceous find-her-wieght-in fossils" kind of hunter, right now. She'll get there.

She also HAS to get over her insect fears. anything more than an ant gets her going. Pretty soon she'll be picking up bird poop thinking it's a ptychodus tooth like the rest of us!

haha...happens to me all the time!!! :)

I'll see you guys there...

Well we went out there, minus the kayaks though, and found what little exposed bed there was was already being searched. We figured whoever it was has already searched it pretty good so we will be back out there this weekend. So whoever drives the white truck with the camper shell, which might have been you, I expect to see your finds posted on here ;)eat%20popcorn.gif

Nah...that's a really, really hard rain.

Out of curousity...why is it called a toad strangler?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Out of curousity...why is it called a toad strangler?

Rain so hard, it'd drown a toad. :)

Anna and John

SE Oklahoma

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Life is an occasion, rise to it."

--Mr. Magorium, "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium"

http://​www.johnsdiscoveries.com

Nope , I don't know what area you guys went to... I was the only one out there from 10:30 to 6:00...my truck is black and there was plenty of areas to search... I will say I have never been so exhausted in my life... Just one significant find might have given me a second wind but it did not happen that way