Self Collected

PRK

Thank you dude-n-cowshark, you hit the bullseye. It must be similar to the children's game "telephone operator"Although interesting to read, we're getting pretty far from the initial post

I assume that unless specified that all fossils posted are found by people. I have posted a fossil I bought and the rest were all those I found. Here are a few of my finds.

I do not have a ton of great stuff as I just became active again this year and have been away from fossils since I was a kid.

PTDC0027-1.jpg

PTDC0028.jpg

PTDC0017.jpg

This is one of my favs., a pathalogical blastoid.

See what is wrong with it?

PTDC0014-2.jpg

PTDC0007-3.jpg

PTDC0005-1.jpg

PTDC0008.jpg

PTDC0050.jpg

PTDC0045.jpg

_DSC0306.jpg

_DSC0005.jpg

DSC_9694.jpg

DSC_9268.jpg

Robert
Southeast, MO

Thank you dude-n-cowshark, you hit the bullseye. ...

Thanks folks. I learned to produce good pics from Jim B. on elasmo.com. I actually like using my scanner to produce pics rather than my point-and-shoot camera.

PRK, you asked for some pics of self-collected fossils, and those pics were easy to grab and post - all under the 2MB limit too!

Daryl.

where I stay isn't particularly reknowned for spectactular specimens which means any collecting involves quite some planning,however I have collected some really nice crinoids from a local quarry which you can literally pick from the face or the ground. I've been fortunate to have visited several countries which has allowed me to add to my collection or photograph in situ. I did buy one amber specimen on holiday in Bulgaria which contained a froglet. It had been mounted in a brooch. I thought it was too good to be true but it has withstood the salt flotation test & gave off a strong pine like smell with a hot needle test .My display cabinet still has a pine odour.I had earlier bought a piece of amber containing a gnat online, when it arrived I could hardly see the amber, never mind the gnat! I wouldn't advise buying online, go to a reputable shop, preferably one that preps.