More Fossils From North Texas

screweduptexan

Here are some more fossils...Ammonites and Gastropods?. Can anyone name the types that they are? And what is the big bumpy thing in the pics?

These fossils are gorgeous and most have an irridecent sheen to them. So pretty to look at....

These were found in the PawPaw formation in North Texas. Same place as the ones in the other post.

post-891-1223939185_thumb.jpg

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

Ammonites, gastropods, and a piece of a BIGGER ammonite.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Engonoceras serpintinum ammonites and mariella gastropod.

Um...are all the ammonites the same species or different. I ask b/c I noticed that some are "bumpy" and some are flat disk shaped.

At least two genera; we'll let Dan sort 'em out, since I don't have a clue...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Here's some more pics of other stuff I found at this site. like I mentioned before, it took me about one hour to find everything...nose to the ground and rear in the air!

post-891-1223942537_thumb.jpg

These are not fossils....or at least I dont think so...just rocks I like that I found while collecting fossils at this spot.

post-891-1223942902_thumb.jpg

Looks like someone shot at one of your fossils and missed.

Actually, that is the back side of this. This is what I did the morning of my fossil collecting.

post-891-1223944112_thumb.jpg

Guest Nicholas
Actually, that is the back side of this. This is what I did the morning of my fossil collecting.

Remind me not to get on her bad side...

First is a glock 19 9 mil; second is a shotgun.

I am currently attending the Citizen's Police Academy in Lewisville and we were at the police firing range.

No pellet gun.

must be bigger targets than mine or something course i shoot rifles not handguns cuz i cant afford a 50 cal desert eagle

I tell you what though...it sure was HARD to concentrate on those targets with all those hot policemen in the room. One asked if I wanted him to steady the shotgun by leaning up against it behind me. All I could think was oh you better not cause then I will definitely NOT be able to concentrate with your hot bod against mine! LOL!

One of those policemen looked like Chuck Norris and another like the hot bad guy on Terminator.

Whewieeee!!!!

These are not fossils....or at least I dont think so...just rocks I like that I found while collecting fossils at this spot.

The crystals are gypsum. The one in the center looks like a pottery wasp nest. Not sure about the others.

Nice shootin', Tex!

In a previous life, I was a range safety officer and NRA certified pistol instructor. Still like to keep my skills up by pokin' holes in things from time to time B) .

Watch your "plumb line" with that Glock; if it's not exactly the same each time you squeeze one off, you'll find yourself drawing smiles (or frowns) on the target. Just find your comfortable hold, and make it consistent.

So, have you ever been firing an M203 grenade launcher at a berm at relatively close range and had the grenade hit something and richochet back over your head and go off BEHIND you?

I hate when that happens :angry:

I don't shoot paper anymore because of the "you shoot it, you eat it" rule around my house...

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

OMGosh tracer...are you talking about a personal experience here?

the Glock was actually my favorite for the morning. I tried a 357 and decided I had enough after I got the target in the juggular, heart and stomach. Too much power for this Texan and the gun was too heavy.

Oh no , wader moment !

Texans talking guns . :D

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Nothing wrong with talking guns, I take a 380 every where I go. I also shoot black powder, throw hawk and knife. At one time I was Texas state champion in the knife and took 2 in the hawk throw.

Nothing wrong with talking guns, I take a 380 every where I go. I also shoot black powder, throw hawk and knife. At one time I was Texas state champion in the knife and took 2 in the hawk throw.

What is a hawk? Never heard of hawk throwing...

Welcome to the forum!