Wöhr's November 2012 Texas Fossil Report

Uncle Siphuncle

and daryl, i try to prep as fast as i collect. its my favorite form of chillaxin on weeknights after work.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,

Thanks for another great report. You must have a very sturdy canoe.

I was looking at your Figure 115 and think the tooth at the upper right and bottom right are Cretodus. if you can provde labial and lingual shots of them, I'm sure more shark collectors would comment.

Jess

November was a month of superlatives - biggest Mortoniceras ammonite, biggest Macraster echinoid, biggest Leptomaria gastropod I've ever seen much less picked up.

In addition I've shown some cool nacreous a.k.a. "Texas ammolite" ammonites from the Weno Formation, some pyritized micromorphic ammonites from the Pawpaw Formation, and a battery of cool Grayson Formation finds (shark teeth, fish and nautilus jaws, echinoids, ammonites) courtesy of our gracious host and friend, Steven Ward.

Exploring and networking paid off handsomely in November. Our report can be viewed on the Brazosport Museum website at the following link:

http://bcfas.org/mus...rt Nov 2012.pdf

Another fine report from dan. Am I the only one who wonders when dan goes to his job... between fossiling and prepping and writing these reports.... and being a newlywed. I'm impressed.

jp we'll just say i'm a bit fanatical about effective use of time. and i work for a cool company with understanding management. and a cool woman and son. life is good!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."