Not A Fossil, But.....

garyc

It's not a fossil but I know some of you enjoy seeing these types of more recent artifacts. I saw just an interesting piece of glass sticking up out of a sand bar on the Brazos and dug up this gem. In case it is not legible, the word on the bottom is "happiness". Quite appropriate for a day out fossil hunting.

post-5020-0-19605400-1362619085_thumb.jpg

post-5020-0-08165600-1362619160_thumb.jpg

Interesting! What was it?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

maybe a type of ink pot?, very nice find

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Inkwell????

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

xonenine, smart and fast too.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

We were all way off. It is a bird feeder that dates to 1920's and 30's. The square button on top fits between the brass bars of the cage.

THAT'S why it seemed familiar!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

We were all way off. It is a bird feeder that dates to 1920's and 30's. The square button on top fits between the brass bars of the cage.

very cool, and I can stop looking for inkwell references... :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

THAT'S why it seemed familiar!

1920's, I had no idea you were that old! :P Cool find and cool ID

1920's, I had no idea you were that old! ...

Grandma had parakeets, in an ancient and elegant cage. I thought the cage was way cooler than the birds were, and I remember thinking how clever the waterer was!