Aurora Trip: Super Large Haul!

zachj

haha thanks guys. no brian i went to someplace else, il pm you about it. And thanks flyerfan! i think you know about good hauls from your creek haha.

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

sounds like great day, I used to do the same with my pops back in the day. we found megs but almost never intact ones lol. great finds! ;) just wait till u r old enough to get into the mine. if they ever open it back up.

i would love to get into that mine! i doubt they will ever open it back up though, but im hopeful!

Alright guys me and dad hit aurora today. As soon as we got out the truck it was tooth after tooth for 3 hours. We Scored 3 nice makos, about 40 FLAWLESS large tiger sharks, some nice hemis, aton of carcharius species, a caticus, creatan teeth, tuna verts, AND A MEG. I cant wait to show you these photos. Ive been having problems with my phone so im going to try my best to upload them!

Congrats to you and your Dad. Sounds like some great father and son time together. Did you guys knee-crawl over the piles or did you mostly sift? I'm curious about the field tat they "paved" last year out of the old fossil pile material...do folks still search that stuff or is it pretty well picked over? I wonder if the museum will do that again this year with the old pile material. I had a lot of fun crawling around that "parking lot" last year fr a couple days before the festival.

That Meg by the way is pretty nice considering what it went through (literally, lots of pipes) to get there.

Daryl.

haha i know i was pretty estatic. yeah the parkinglot has alot of teeth in it still. i just sat on my butt and scooted across it for a while and picked up teeth. i did crawl a little bit, i wrapped my t-shirts on my knees but i had more sucess just sitting in it haha.

i would love to get into that mine! i doubt they will ever open it back up though, but im hopeful!

they will, they just have a lot of construction going on, I went in 2006 when I was 18, It was hot and u needed steel toe boots and a hardhat, so If u do get to go be prepared for a workout lol. But I had a great time and loads of teeth to be found.

Oh god these are excellent!

You are so lucky to be able to find shark teeth. :wub:

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

haha thanks guys. no brian i went to someplace else, il pm you about it. And thanks flyerfan! i think you know about good hauls from your creek haha.

Lol by the looks of it, I should be following you guys around. Great job again!

Not bad there Zach. Glad you finally got that meg!

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

also found another one in the bucket i got! its flawless! ill post a pic tonight!

here it is! little ding in the root though :(

post-7255-0-42382000-1367463051_thumb.jpg

Zach,

WOWZERS!! Your finds were absolutely fantastic!!

Congrats!!

Fabulous finds.... Well done....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Good find there. I have found two nice ones but both have one cusp missing .

Congrats on the awesome finds, and the super sweet catticus!!

I was there a couple of weeks ago and spoke with the museum about the reject material... It seems that they are going to be limited on the material they can get so, I'm guessing, that is why they are frowning on people taking the material. In the past they would welcome people to come get it. Recently, as well, there have been people showing up a day or two before the festival taking several buckets home. If you have 10 or 20 people doing this you can imagine how much material disappears... This is why the museum scheduled the material to be delivered as close to the festival day as possible. These are my thoughts, so take them for what they are worth... :)

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

~Sir Winston Churchill

haha ok. I understand why she was mad at me. But she was just so scary haha. Im glad i didnt dump the buckets back in though or else i wouldent have found the catticus tooth!

YAY! Zach, beautiful Meg! :meg dance: You had a great trip to Aurora, I need to toot up there. I really like all of your finds and we all need to get back to GMR soon. Thank you so much for sharing.

Libby

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".